Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

Hybrid View

(Berks County)

Default Hersheypark

Anyone know if Hershey specifically prohibits carry on the premises? Has anyone here carried into Hersheypark? Any troubles?

We've taken my kids a few times in the last year, and they had a lot of fun. I see Hersheypark becoming a regular day-trip location in the future as they grow up. So far, I haven't carried when I travel there for lack of information on their policies.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Erie County)

Default Re: Hershey park

Don't know which area of Hershey you're referring to; Amusement Park, etc. I know as a fact many Amusement Parks prohibit carrying even to off duty LEO.

Like you I've been to Hershey, all areas a number of times but because of employment rules (I was on the job) wasn't carrying.

I picked up this telephone # 1-800-HERSHEY on their Web-Site and would think a quick call should clarify. Good Luck, and yes Hershey is much Fun for any ages

(Bedford County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

We were there twice last year.

No carry inside the park. The first time I was there I left my Glock in the car. I then noticed that they checked bags at the gate, but that was it. The second time I walked right through the gate with a Kel-Tec P32 in my front pocket.

(Lebanon County)

thier official rules say no carry, however, there are no metal detectors. They will search any bags you carry, womens purses, camera bags, diaper bags, etc, but they do not body check. worst that can happen if they discover it they ask you to leave, if you do not, then you can be busted for trespass. I would strongly recommend if you plan to ride the rides, you have a holder that provides strong retention. Yes I have gone, and like everywhere I can legally carry, I carried there.

as an FYI, I stopped going this year, as I usually would go for Candy Lane, and Holloween at Hershy, but this year, they wanted to charge for admission. Since my wife and I don't ride, this would be a waste of money for us (we usually bought the kids the all you can ride bracelettes). I also wrote aletter (not email) expressing my dissatisfaction and let them know the situation, since we usually brought one or two other families, adn puchased food there, they lost a garantee of minimum of $60+ in hopes of getting $120+, plus lost community goodwill, what ever that's worth to them.

(Delaware County)

What about at Christmas time? Do they charge for entry?

If they don't post a sign against carrying, I'd carry.

(Chester County)

I'm new to the whole gun scene, and I'm not trying to break your balls here, but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to carry in an amusement park.

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations. I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I also wrote aletter (not email) expressing my dissatisfaction and let them know the situation, since we usually brought one or two other families, adn puchased food there, they lost a garantee of minimum of $60+ in hopes of getting $120+, plus lost community goodwill, what ever that's worth to them.
    About 30 years ago I had a conversation with the marketing manager for King's Dominion amusement park in Virginia. He told me that he had proposed a "no rides" pass for seniors that would be a nominal fee. The idea was that if Grandma and Grampa did have to shell out $40 each (price back then) just to sit on the benches, they'd be more likely to bring the grandkids more often and wind up spending more money. That idea never went anywhere.

Default Concealed Carry at Hershey Park?

Anyone have information on this? I know they don't have metal detectors or pat downs, but I'm just curious? I'm going in a month or so.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry at Hershey Park?

i went there last august and all they did was check my back pack. i just left mine in my lock box in the car because i planned on going on the water rides. but from what i saw if you plan on cc in the park just keep it concealed and be careful if you go on the rides.
    nice park by the way and big compared to kennywood( my neck of the woods)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry at Hershey Park?

I was there last summer, but I left my P89 in the car...I was afraid of losing it on one of the rides. But from what I saw, there was no metal detectors or pat downs...no one even checked our bags when we went in.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast