Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

Default Re: CC in Amusement Park - More specifically, roller coasters

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post

PA Patriot
    I own the exact same maxpedition pack, love it. (actually bought it for my wife but I use it more).
    That bag looks really cool. Where can you buy one of those from??
    Bazinga

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF4i View Post
    That bag looks really cool. Where can you buy one of those from??

Nevermind I found the website, thanks anyway
    Bazinga

Default Re: Hersheypark

I don't know how far of a drive it would be for you guys, but Cedar Point and Splash City is amazing. Last time I was there, I don't recall any entrance security at all.

(Bucks County)

I've carried at Hershey before (during the Halloween events, so no water rides and smaller crowds). I carried a S&W Mod 60 in an Uncle Mikes nylon IWB holster with retention straps. Not the fastest to draw, but I was sure that it would not fall out of the holster on any rides. I kept it concealed and had no trouble getting in to the park, and never felt close to having it fall out of the holster. I'd be nervous about pocket carry, but that's just me - I haven't tried it because the only times I've tried pocket carry I was very uncomfortable.

(Montgomery County)

I picked up a Maxpedition Fatboy Versipack a while back as a way to conceal my Glock 36. Then I traded that for my PT1911. Unfortunately that's just a tad too long to fit in the zippered compartment. Too bad they didn't make that compartment about 3/4 of an inch deeper. :-(

Buckmark, Uh...why would you carry on private property that is posted "NO CARRY"???

(Snyder County)

Report from 6-17-2008:

3 friends, my wife, and I went to Hershey Park on 6-17-2008. We arriaved around 11:30AM. I was dressed in cargo shorts, grey t-shirt, PSU hat, sneakers. They had approx. 6-8 security quards checking bags before anyone could enter the main gates. They checked backpacks, purses, grocery bags, etc. While I am sure they were looking for weapons, I would assume they would also be checking for food/drinks that are not allowded to be carried into the park. No one checked pockets, no metal detectors, no pat downs, etc. No search of your person.

I carried my P3AT in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster as well as an additional magazine. Before entering, while still in the parking lot, I had placed the contents of my pockets in plastic bags in the event of inclement weather or water rides. My pockets on my shorts also had a button and flap that I kept closed to ensure nothing would fall out.

At no time during any ride did anything fall out of my pockets. Nothing even came close. I rode on just about every large roller coaster at the park, and had zero problems.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    I've never been to that park in particular, but you'll NEVER get a gun passed at the other parks I've been too. Especially Six Flags. They'll frisk you real good, then pass the want metal detector ALL over your body. After that, if memory serves me right, you'll go past the full body scan thingie thats common in airports.

I refuse to allow myself to be frisked...well except at airports when they insist on doing that retarded "special security screening" on me because I happen to look middle-eastern after a summer getting tanned...but I digress...

I have been to a couple of places where they insisted on frisking me before I went in and I told them no. Couple of times the security weenies just shrugged, gave me a stare, I stared back, and they finally said "OK whatever".

Couple of times they refused me entrance without a frisk, so I politely declined and told my friends I would be at the pub down the street and to give me a call when they want to leave.

All of these occasions I was either carrying nothing at all that would be of interest, or at most a pocket folder. I just dont want people touching me for no good reason.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by noofus View Post
    I refuse to allow myself to be frisked...well except at airports when they insist on doing that retarded "special security screening" on me because I happen to look middle-eastern after a summer getting tanned...but I digress...

I have been to a couple of places where they insisted on frisking me before I went in and I told them no. Couple of times the security weenies just shrugged, gave me a stare, I stared back, and they finally said "OK whatever".

Couple of times they refused me entrance without a frisk, so I politely declined and told my friends I would be at the pub down the street and to give me a call when they want to leave.

All of these occasions I was either carrying nothing at all that would be of interest, or at most a pocket folder. I just dont want people touching me for no good reason.
    Yeah I have this huge problem with people I don't know touching me too!!! It just flat out creeps me out.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gklugie View Post
    Buckmark, Uh...why would you carry on private property that is posted "NO CARRY"???
    Your new, its cool. Signs on private property to not automatically overide state laws. The only time the will of the private establishment overrides your right to carry is when they directly and verbally ask you to leave the premesis, at which time you must comply or risk being charged with trespass.

Glad to hear all went ok with the park Zef. Wildcat and that launch coaster must have been the tests of retention, huh?

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast