Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    No pat downs as of late. They did do bag checks but they were so cursory it was really just security theater. I leave the gun, if I am carrying, in the car in a locked case. I figure I should respect their rules as they are private property, but I am more worried about the some freak accident on a ride or I like lose my gun on a rollercoaster. Last thing I need to do is try explaining to the park employee I need to access a restricted area to get my firearm because it fell out when I was on a rollercoaster. That is just personal preference though. I don't judge anyone who might attempt to carry. The idea that just because you call something a gun free zone makes it any safer is, as we all know, a total joke.
    The only amusement park I've been to since I was a teenager is knobels. I have ridden every ride in that park carrying iwb though. Never had a problem with anything falling out or even moving more than any other day. As was said above get a good holster/belt and it shouldn't be an issue. I avoid the water park, because I carry for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    I'm new to the whole gun scene, and I'm not trying to break your balls here, but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to carry in an amusement park.

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations. I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.
    http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...urge/16451847/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.139728

http://nypost.com/2011/02/27/2-rapes...o-theme-parks/

http://theopinionator.typepad.com/my...elow-is-a.html

http://www.fugitive.com/2014/06/19/f...musement-park/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/08/alt...g-headscarves/

https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/eve...musement-park/

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ment_park.html
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

That post is almost as old as my daughter, Alpaca. :-p

I have a .380 in my pocket all the time - at Hershey or anywhere else it's legal. Private policies are funny in that if they never know it's being violated, they can't hold it against you.

If I plan on hitting water attractions, I might lock it in the car or even one of their lockers temporarily.
    Junior

Went to a hockey game this weekend, Giant Center was wanding everyone. Had to empty pockets too.

Don't know if it's in response to Obama's buddies bombing Paris or if it's a new policy.

Never got wanded before at that facility.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

How thorough was the wanding? Did they concentrate of pockets/groin area or did they wand from head to toe?

All too often security guards don't wand low enough to catch ankle holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    How thorough was the wanding? Did they concentrate of pockets/groin area or did they wand from head to toe?

All too often security guards don't wand low enough to catch ankle holsters.
    I think with the lady I had, an ankle holster might have gone through but she wanded the front of each leg from below the knee to about armpit and then had me turn around and did the same in the back.

Even if they did "catch" you, their policy is that you can take it to your vehicle, not ban you or anything.

http://www.hersheyentertainment.com/...procedures.php

Selfie Sticks

Use of photo arms, more commonly known as "Selfie-Sticks," is strictly prohibited at all events, including concerts, sporting events, and family shows at all Hershey Entertainment operated venues to ensure the safety of our guests. We encourage you to keep all Selfie-Sticks locked securely in your vehicle. Guests that do not comply with this policy may be subject to dismissal without refund.

Oops, wrong one but great policy on the moron sticks...

Prohibited Items

Weapons of any kind are prohibited. Weapons are considered to be any item that could endanger public safety. Some examples include; firearms, knives, mace, and chains. Hershey Entertainment and Resorts reserves the right to refuse the entry of any item that could be considered a weapon.
    To ensure the safety of our guests, glass bottles, cans, hard-sided coolers, thermoses and open containers may not be brought into the venue. Exceptions: baby bottles.
    For major Hersheypark Stadium events, an Items Check is available at the Box Office for a cost of $3.00. Please note: Certain items may not be accepted and guests will be directed to take them back to their vehicle. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Franklin County)

To anyone concerned, I was just there today. Had a wonderful time. I checked signage as I walked around, and unless I missed it, it's not posted anywhere that firearms are prohibited. They check bags only. There is a separate line for those without bags. They do have a sign that says you MAY be subject to a wand search. Any suspicious activity is promptly reported and checked out. A man with a backpack climbed under the track at the Comet, and the ride was promptly shut down, and people evacuated (from that ride) while they investigated. Kudos to their security for checking it out, and taking precautions. I hope this helps. As I said, unless I missed it, it's not posted, but they do say this on their website, "For your safety, ALL hand-carried items, including backpacks and belt bags, are subject to search. Metal detection equipment may be used. Weapons of any type, laser pointers, radios and/or sound emitting, electronic devices, and skate shoes (Heely's) are not permitted. Locker storage is available at the outside picnic areas and guests are encouraged to keep nonessential items in their vehicles. Other than one sealed water bottle per person, Hersheypark does not permit food or drink to be brought into the Park. Guests with special dietary needs can review our food and beverage information. The Outpost restaurant features allergen friendly food."
    Last edited by Laura2016; July 9th, 2016 at 02:34 AM. Reason: added information

Anyone know if they have checks at Zoo America? No policy listed on their web site, so looks like a go. Won't be going into HP.

Free admission tomorrow!
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Anyone know if they have checks at Zoo America? No policy listed on their web site, so looks like a go. Won't be going into HP.

Free admission tomorrow!
    All I have seen is a tiny little no weapons sign up front. Entry guards usually just poke through my wife's bag and that's it.

Lemme know how it goes
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast