Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hersheypark

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Hersheypark

Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    That being said, I don't wear it apart from running with the camelbak, as I too think it would stand out like a neon sign- "This Guy Is Armed".
    IDK with all the tourists in the park with their belly bags, but bags, and other things around their waist, as well as man bags for swim wear, I don't think this would stand out too much in the park, get outside in Hershey and the surrounding community, different story.

BTW, as someone who lives less than 5 Mile from the park, I'm still looking for where I can get the Tourist endorsement for my hunting license. Once the park opens, I just want to stay home, away from the crazies who forget/ don't know how to drive.

(Northumberland County)

Yesterday I CC'd my LC9 there all day in my custom IWB leather holster without any trouble. I've heard there is a small sign near the entrance stating weapons are not allowed but I didn't notice any. They did a fairly thorough bag/purse/backpack search but no body searches or metal detectors. Since the wife and I were not carrying any bags, we went right through the ticket line without even a second look. The LC9 stayed nicely tucked in its place all day long.

The SuperDooperLooper is a crappy old looping coaster Hershey Park has. It was built in the late 70s.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I remember when it was first built. I guess its time to strap the Uncle Mikes to my walker!

(Chester County)

Come to think of it, I just went there about a month ago and a security guard did BRIEFLY check my wife's bag. Must be sporadic.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

was there yesterday, they checked bags, but not body. they're more concern with you bringing outside food in then weapons. however i thought their food was reasonably priced

(Montgomery County)

No pat downs as of late. They did do bag checks but they were so cursory it was really just security theater. I leave the gun, if I am carrying, in the car in a locked case. I figure I should respect their rules as they are private property, but I am more worried about the some freak accident on a ride or I like lose my gun on a rollercoaster. Last thing I need to do is try explaining to the park employee I need to access a restricted area to get my firearm because it fell out when I was on a rollercoaster. That is just personal preference though. I don't judge anyone who might attempt to carry. The idea that just because you call something a gun free zone makes it any safer is, as we all know, a total joke.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_PB&J View Post
    I certainly want to be able to travel to and from the park with my usual EDC but just how much enjoyment of water slides and roller coasters can you get while carrying?

I want the freedom to enjoy the attractions too.
    Roller coasters just require good retention in your holster. Water slides require an arm band holster.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kypt View Post
    I'm new to the whole gun scene, and I'm not trying to break your balls here, but I'm curious as to why you feel the need to carry in an amusement park.

Not judging, just curious. I'm thinking of getting my license to carry, and I was thinking I would only do it in certain situations. I would be afraid it would go off on the SuperDooperLooper or something, but then again I'm just now learning about guns, so I don't even know if that's possible.
    I guess you've never been to Great Adventure in NJ or Dorney in Allentown.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I guess you've never been to Great Adventure in NJ or Dorney in Allentown.
    It's just a jump to the left.

8 Year old post
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by archon View Post
    No pat downs as of late. They did do bag checks but they were so cursory it was really just security theater. I leave the gun, if I am carrying, in the car in a locked case. I figure I should respect their rules as they are private property, but I am more worried about the some freak accident on a ride or I like lose my gun on a rollercoaster. Last thing I need to do is try explaining to the park employee I need to access a restricted area to get my firearm because it fell out when I was on a rollercoaster. That is just personal preference though. I don't judge anyone who might attempt to carry. The idea that just because you call something a gun free zone makes it any safer is, as we all know, a total joke.
    When I was at Busch Gardens, I was carrying my HK P7 in an OWB Thumb break leather holster. I rode 'The Griffon' rollarcoaster; google that one if you're not familiar: it's the biggest baddest coaster in the park. No problems with retention or with bumping into it. Just have a good carry system before hand, with active retention.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast