Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default JR Carbine who has one?

So I am set on getting a JR carbine soon after a long and drawn out battle over what was better. A cmmg ar build, lone wolf lover glock mag build, and the ddles pulling teeth to get a lower build, or buy a sub 2k, jr c, or tnw. and even a 5.7 upper

So who has one, what have you done to it, do you like it and what would i need for it?
    or even some opinion in to the matter.

(Bucks County)

(Tioga County)

Default Re: JR Carbine who has one?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicodendron11 View Post
    Second link is my JRC. Up to 1700 rounds of fun. I added a third 33 round mag.
    It is my SHTF go to gun.
    MikeP

(Chester County)

Thank you guys and yes i have and i am still reading over them like a bible to see if there is anything i missed good to know. I am hoping all the new guys that got in to the firearms or got a jr can chime in on how they are to and what they like about them. Why they bought them. So why did Toxicodendron11 and priell3 decide to get a JR?

(Tioga County)

I wanted an AR type gun that was inexpensive to shoot but more powerful than 22LR which I already had. The JR got my attention and was affordable. The ability to customize it to my style with readily available accessories was another bonus. It is reliable, accurate and fun. Eats any ammo.
    MikeP

(Lackawanna County)

Run one suppressed, have probably 500 rounds through it with no problems. Very cool weapon! Would like to sbr it and have barrel chopped to 8".

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Code13 View Post
    Thank you guys and yes i have and i am still reading over them like a bible to see if there is anything i missed good to know. I am hoping all the new guys that got in to the firearms or got a jr can chime in on how they are to and what they like about them. Why they bought them. So why did Toxicodendron11 and priell3 decide to get a JR?
    I didn't read the two linked threads, so sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. but my local shop has had a ton of problems with the .45's, the 9's are supposed to be good.

(Chester County)

It's cool I like to think this is an open thread where we can even make suggestions to improve some thing new. I would like to see pins put in over threaded screws and maybe a piston conversion, and internal buffer spring to put a folding stock on it.

(York County)

I have the 9 version and love it. I have been having a great time shooting steel plates at 100 yards. I have been shooting nothing but reloads through it without issue. I started with lead rounds that were only like 4.5 grains of power pistol. It shoots the lead well. It shoots better with Hornady HAP's and a whole slew of jacketed and plated rounds fired. I likes more powder. I know it was better with 5 grains of PP but even those were soft. I need to load some heavier charges but these hare all been just regular target loads I had been using in Glocks, M9 and a shield. It shot and cycled every load I put in it.

As for the 45 a friend just picked up the 45 he is having issues FTF

(Chester County)

That's good to know to my girl friend is looking at getting an ar or a jr c since its simmaler and I want her to not be frustrated with it cause she hasn't ever shot be for .