Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Warren County)

Default sccy cpx-1 gen 2

I have been looking for a budget pistol to take with me while either on the water or doing some other activity that might trash the integrated laser of my primary carry gun. So last saturday when i came across a used sccy cpx-1 gen 2 I bought it and brought it home. Today i called sccy to find out how old this 1 is. It was made in August 2012. They said that it was due for some upgrades. It is due for a new trigger cam new hammer assembly and a new guide rod and possibly a new mag release. All of which they will replace for me at no charge other than me shipping the gun to them.

Does anyone have one of these newer sccy guns? Are they reliable enough to carry after al the new parts are installed? Or should i trade it for a hi-point because at least they are heavy enough to use as an anchor in case of emergency. (Just kidding hp guys i have a 995 carbine and like it.)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: sccy cpx-1 gen 2

This gun is a copy of the Keltec P11. I believe former employees build the gun. If they are as easy as Keltecs to work on, you can do it yourself. It disassembles easily. They may send you the parts to do it. There isnt a lot to those guns!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Warren County)

i tried they say send it in for work say its about a 1 day project. may have the safety eliminator kit installed just to cover 1 of the things that are supposed to be questionable about the sccy pistols.

I carried one for awhile but DO NOT use +P or hot loads in them I broke the frame on mine and the gun locked up

I just bought a new CPX-2 (two tone) the other day but have yet to fire it. (maybe today) For $247.00 OTD I couldn't resist. :-)

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I carried one for awhile but DO NOT use +P or hot loads in them I broke the frame on mine and the gun locked up
    i have read that sccy has replaced pistols with cracked frames.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ls81 View Post
    I have been looking for a budget pistol to take with me while either on the water
    It doesn't matter what you take with you as it will be lost in a tragic boating accident

III% - Stand and be counted

Quote Originally Posted by ls81 View Post
    i have read that sccy has replaced pistols with cracked frames.
    Yea I sent it in and they replaced it with a brand new gen2 (mine was a gen 1) I wasnt shooting +p just the high end of normal charges. I never had a problem with it up to that point 1000+rds

I would send them the gun and get all the upgrades. Then when you get it back rack the slide about 50 times, flip the safety off and on enough times, and eject the mag a dozen times. Take a good look at the feed ramp, do they polish them? Take it apart and clean it then lube/grease it. Then fire 100 rounds of FMJ, after that 50 rounds of HP's. Then you will have an idea how dependable it is.

(Cumberland County)

Hey, for $125 he'll now get a new gun probably - not a bad deal. I wanted to send my gen 1 in and get a new one, but they said they would do all the upgrades, trigger job, etc, etc. but not replace - bummed, I wanted the no safety model. I have never had a problem with it other than hate the safety on gen 1 how it digs into your thumb. Part of the upgrades they do can include safety eliminator. I'll probably do it just for the heck of it.

Oops, wrong thread - who'd a thunk two threads on sccy's
    Last edited by cruzans; August 29th, 2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: wrong sccy thread
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"