Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Leather Hunting Holster

I am looking for a leather Hunting holster with good retention for a couple Rugers, From what I read I can use the same holster for both my Rugers. I have a New model Black Hawk in 45 LC and a Super Black Hawk in 44 Mag. Both have the 4.5-inch barrels. I am looking at the Triple K carry lite from Cabelas for $34.99. The price seems very low for a quality holster. Any thoughts on this Holster.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Leather Hunting Holster

Without a doubt, the absolute best holster I ever owned is from diamond Dave in wasilla, Alaska. I wore this holster with a Ruger red hawk for three weeks straight all day everyday in extreme comfort. The durability is ridiculous.

Look up Diamond D Leather online.
    Last edited by Brudog; August 26th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I have a Triple K holster for by Ruger Blackhawk, and it's okay. Wore it a few times, no issues to speak of.

However, I bought a Galco SAO for my Super Blackhawk and love the quality. Of course it's about twice the cost of the Triple K, but the SAO can be worn for crossdraw.

(Westmoreland County)

Thank you both I would much rather buys quality the first time around. I have a filing cabinet drawer half full of holster for other handguns that just never fit the bill. I need to sell them off if I find the time..

(Westmoreland County)

http://www.simplyrugged.com/

I have a holster for my GP 100 from them that I like very much.

(Perry County)

Check Wes Daems at 7x Leather. He makes a really nice quality leather chest holster. I got one for my 1911 and it's awesome.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    Without a doubt, the absolute best holster I ever owned is from diamond Dave in wasilla, Alaska. I wore this holster with a Ruger red hawk for three weeks straight all day everyday in extreme comfort. The durability is ridiculous.

Look up Diamond D Leather online.
    I have a Diamond D Leather chest rig, by fat the best holster I've had for ANY gun period, the end.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    I have a Diamond D Leather chest rig, by fat the best holster I've had for ANY gun period, the end.
    I would have to agree. The biggest thing for me was the comfort. Any holster can suffice for a day in the woods but when you wear your holster with a heavy gun from 7am until 10pm for 21 days straight and you still love it that tells the story right there.

Diamond D is a special purpose holster that is rugged but is made with extreme detail and is molded to the gun. Worth the money even after I looked for a year and bought a few other holsters. I actually was able to conceal it in some locations I went to simply by wearing it over my T-shirt and under my outer long sleeve shirt. I am 5'10" and 250 lbs. so I am not a small guy though. There were just certain times we wandered back in to civilization and stopped in some high end hotels to check them out and I could immediately see the liberal looks so I concealed in those areas but even the park rangers who I spoke to when we were in national park boundaries were curious who made the holster.

My second choice was a Falco vertical shoulder holster with the Roto feature.

(Lycoming County)