Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Cool Greensburg Mall (Follow-up: post #35)

Went all over today for my daughters appointment at the doctor and had to go to the mall to get fitted for a Tux. Was open carrying my Glock 22 OWB right hip with a Blackhawk Serpa Carbon Fiber. As soon as we went in i had to use the restroom so i went in (Restroom is next to security office) Mall ninja comes into the restroom sees me with firearm doing my thing then he proceeds into the stall to do his. I come out there is another waiting next to my daughter and Girlfriend.

I walk past him with no problems. Mens warehouse is on the second floor so me and my two girls go up the steps. I just step off the top of the steps and i am looking around for the place. Then a Mall Ninja flys i mean flys up the steps and states with a very scared look in his face "Sir can you cover that up in here" i state cover what up and he points at my pistol. I say ok but there were no signs or anything stating no firearms or anything stating i needed to cover it up. I ask him for some information which is in my car of who i can email or call to get Corporate to ask them what thier policy is. I hand him two flyers about laws in pa and pa gun rights he says thank you.

Afterwards we go into the Tux place and started talking with the lady that was helping me. She said all of a sudden three or for Security guards she seen running towards where i was with the other guard hehe then she started my measurements which she noticed i was carrying and asked me if i could remove it temp. which i did and gave it unloaded to my girlfriend she asked if i was a cop or security which i stated no that i was ex military and i am just utilizing my 2A rights. She was curious so i gave her some flyers also wound up getting some coupons and 20 off my rental for being Military . All and all it was not a bad experience however my girlfriend got a kick out of it and the funny thing was if you were as scared as this guy was would you ask someone to cover up a firearm if you feared them at all.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Greensburg Mall

Did you unload the gun in the Men's Wearhouse? Why not give her the whole holster and gun as a package - lessening the handling issue?

The malls around here are "No weapons" posted - but not all of the entrances are marked, like the entrances to the big sporting goods stores.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

i was in there OCing around Christmas last year and nothing was said. i sat right by the central security station while the wife was shoe shopping.

shameless plug,
    Western PA Meet-n-Greet this sunday at Super Panda Buffet in Greensburg. see my sig line for the thread.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Clinton County)

I'm going to give the Altoona mall today.

(Franklin County)

Not on the subject of carrying. My G/f attended St. Vincent out in Latrobe. So I've spent many a weekends out at the Greensburg Mall and in the surrounding areas.

Small World.

(Monroe County)

dood...
    does your girlfriend have an LTCF? probably not a good idea to be pulling your gun off unloading it and passing it around in the mall. Really doesn't matter if you unloaded it or not, if she doesnt have her LTCF she shouldnt have even touched the gun...

What you could of done is unloaded and let the manager take possession of the firearm while you were getting your tux fitted.
    Or put it back in the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Dauphin County)

though i agree he shouldnt have unloaded it there... ( pulling it off while still in holster would have been fine...

his GF having a LTCF has nothing to do with her holding it.. 1 its open and 2 its unloaded...

but again just let it in the holster next time and give it to GF... i would never give a weapon to a stranger ( store manager)
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    dood...
    does your girlfriend have an LTCF? probably not a good idea to be pulling your gun off unloading it and passing it around in the mall. Really doesn't matter if you unloaded it or not, if she doesnt have her LTCF she shouldnt have even touched the gun...

What you could of done is unloaded and let the manager take possession of the firearm while you were getting your tux fitted.
    Or put it back in the car.
    How is the manager handling it any better? Or do you mean allowing him to lock it up for you and you retain the key or some other scenario.

Good point about the girlfriend and LTCF. Doesn't the UFA state that you may not loan a gun to an individual unless they have their LTCF or you are on your property or at your place of business?
    Last edited by falcn; October 1st, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    How is the manager handling it any better? Or do you mean allowing him to lock it up for you and you retain the key or some other scenario.

Good point about the girlfriend and LTCF. Doesn't the UFA state that you may not loan a gun to an individual unless they have their LTCF or you are on your property or at your place of business?
    Since it's the managers business so to speak he can control the firearm. Atleast i think it would be better than giving your firearm to an unlicensed citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Since it's the managers business so to speak he can control the firearm. Atleast i think it would be better than giving your firearm to an unlicensed citizen.
    Maybe I am being too literal - but I would think that you'd have to be the business owner for that to apply? Please show me I am incorrect - I want to be incorrect on that one.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast