Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Wink NH: Open carry litter pickup. Group to pick up trash -- and carry firearms

I saw this on GlockTalk - It's also posted on Opencarry.org

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865549

I think that this is a great idea for open carry - performing a public service (educating the public on open carry) while performing a public service (picking up the trash).

(Monroe County)

Default Re: NH: Open carry litter pickup. Group to pick up trash -- and carry firearms

I was just watching these videos on youtube and think that this is EXACTLY the sort of thing that needs to be done. I would join something like this around here in a heartbeat.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: NH: Open carry litter pickup. Group to pick up trash -- and carry firearms

In some cities, OC is strongly suggested to "take out the trash"!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    I was just watching these videos on youtube and think that this is EXACTLY the sort of thing that needs to be done. I would join something like this around here in a heartbeat.
    I would too. I think things like this can give OC a more positive image, and I am all for that.

By the way, link is bad.
    No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I would too. I think things like this can give OC a more positive image, and I am all for that.

By the way, link is bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olP_kwsEZ6w

(Allegheny County)

FNX-9 Two-tone

(Luzerne County)

My meager opinion:

I'm not so much a fan of OC (specific) parades, billboards, infomercials... and litter pick-ups.

I recommend having a littler pickup as a gun rights/oriented group, say Pennsylvania firearms owners litter pickup, and if some folks OC, all the better.
    Make it about gun ownership in general, and all that that encompasses and simultaneously represent OC as what it is. Just something folks do, while they go about doing the things they do from day to day.

We used to have "OC meet & greets". These were called "OC" more because they were to specifically get folks together to share, discuss, OC. We later started calling them PAFOA meet and greets, because the focus being on OC was unnecessarily narrow, and the same goals were accomplished (meeting other OC'ers) while at the same time accomplishing other things like meeting non-OC'ers. Additionally, OC get's positive attention without the bias that advertising your "cause" is OC.

In summary, I believe OC is more effectively promoted by exposing folks to OC through other everyday activities, including special activities like litter pickups, that are not specifically designated to intentionally bring attention or promote a narrow "cause".

Hey, gun-owners from PAFOA are going to have a litter pickup at XYZ on Sunday sounds better than Open Carry advocates plan to display their guns at the park on Sunday. Which is how folks interpret "OC litter pickup"

JMHO

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Venango County)

Thanks for links and the embedded vid.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Perry County)

I agree with what Pa Patriot said 100%. If we get people to accept OC as something one does during the course of their normal daily activities, it seems to have less of a stigma than "Hey we're going to OC tomorrow so people know that we do it." Well said Pa Patriot.
    It's all fun and games, til someone shoots your bobber!