Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Smile Out of state LTCF in PA.

Ladies and Gentlemen it is a pleasure to be here with all you guys again . Sorry that I keep asking so many questions but I want to learn as much as possible about PA gun laws and regulations and you guys have been very helpful . My questions is, Is it possible to get an out of state LTCF in PA by having a New York City "RESTRICTED HANDGUN LICENSE" for Residence Premises . I will really appreciate your help as usual Thanks.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Out of state LTCF in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21163 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen it is a pleasure to be here with all you guys again . Sorry that I keep asking so many questions but I want to learn as much as possible about PA gun laws and regulations and you guys have been very helpful . My questions is, Is it possible to get an out of state LTCF in PA by having a New York City "RESTRICTED HANDGUN LICENSE" for Residence Premises . I will really appreciate your help as usual Thanks.
    Some sheriffs are considering the restricted license as compliance, some dont.

But when it comes down to the nitty gritty - they really aren't a license or permit for the purposes of carrying. They are merely to lawfully own, possess, and keep in ones home(also to hunt with and take to range).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    But when it comes down to the nitty gritty - they really aren't a license or permit for the purposes of carrying. They are merely to lawfully own, possess, and keep in ones home(also to hunt with and take to range).
    By law, they are indeed licenses to carry (since even New York law is silent on such). The restrictions applied by the judges issuing them (without any lawful authority) restrict where they can be carried (hunting, range, home).

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    By law, they are indeed licenses to carry (since even New York law is silent on such). The restrictions applied by the judges issuing them (without any lawful authority) restrict where they can be carried (hunting, range, home).
    Sure about that? NYC seems to have several categories, including "carry" licenses. The restricted residence license doesn't read like a carry license to me.

http://72.0.151.116/nyc/rcny/Title38_5-01.asp

Rules of the City of New York -
    Title 38
    Police Department

§5-01 Types of Handgun Licenses.

As used in this chapter, the term "handgun" shall mean a pistol or revolver. This section contains a description of the various types of handgun licenses issued by the Police Department. Section 5-09 of this subchapter contains a description of the procedure for obtaining an exemption from New York State Penal Law Article 265, allowing pre-license possession of a handgun for the purpose of possessing and using a handgun for instructional purposes with a certified instructor in small arms at an authorized small arms range/shooting club.

(a) Premises License—Residence or Business. This is a restricted handgun license, issued for a specific business or residence location. The handgun shall be safeguarded at the specific address indicated on the license. This license permits the transporting of an unloaded handgun directly to and from an authorized small arms range/shooting club, secured unloaded in a locked container. Ammunition shall be carried separately.

(b) Carry Business License. This is an unrestricted class of license which permits the carrying of a handgun concealed on the person. In the event that an applicant is not found by the License Division to be qualified for a Carry Business License, the License Division, based on its investigation of the applicant, may offer a Limited Carry Business License or a Business Premises License to an applicant.

(c) Limited Carry Business License. This is a restricted handgun license which permits the licensee to carry the handgun listed on the license concealed on the person to and from specific locations during the specific days and times set forth on the license. Proper cause, as defined in §5-03, shall need to be shown only for that specific time frame that the applicant needs to carry a handgun concealed on her/his person. At all other times the handgun shall be safeguarded at the specific address indicated on the license, and secured unloaded in a locked container.

(d) Carry Guard License/Gun Custodian License. These are restricted types of carry licenses, valid when the holder is actually engaged in a work assignment as a security guard or gun custodian.

(e) Special Licenses. Special licenses are issued according to the provisions of §400.00 of the New York State Penal Law, to persons in possession of a valid New York State County License. The revocation, cancellation, suspension or surrender of such person's County License automatically renders her/his New York City license void. The holder of a Special License shall carry her/his County License at all times when possessing a handgun pursuant to such Special License.

(1) Special Carry Business License. This is a special license, permitting the carrying of a concealed handgun on the person while the licensee is in New York City.

(2) Special Carry Guard License/Gun Custodian License. These are restricted types of special licenses that permit the carrying of a concealed handgun on the person only when the licensee is actually engaged in the performance of her/his duties as a security guard or gun custodian.

(Lehigh County)

The NYC license should be good at least for carrying in your vehicle in PA. There is no specified reciprocity for concealed carry on foot, however.

As for whether it counts for getting a non-resident PA LTCF, I would guess it depends on the sheriff you're dealing with.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Indiana County)

You know, it's absolutely amazing how the State of New York lets one of its political subdivisions have special laws totally different from the rest of the state, yet applicable to all the citizens of the state.

(Jefferson County)

You know, it's absolutely amazing how the State of New York lets one of its political subdivisions have special laws totally different from the rest of the state, yet applicable to all the citizens of the state.
    What, like PA's 6108??
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Indiana County)

6108 applies to all cities of the first class. The fact that there is presently only one such city is merely a coincidence.

(Jefferson County)

6108 applies to all cities of the first class. The fact that there is presently only one such city is merely a coincidence.
    It is still an asinine extraordinary set of rules for a section of the state.

Such laws, when made by the state, should be unconstitutional under Amendment XIV Section 1.

PA allowing cities of the first class a different set of rights and privileges is just like NYS allowing NYC a different standard.

Both, PA's CotFC's and NYC's residents and visitors, are under a different set of laws governing rights, privileges, and equal protection under the law than those in other parts of the respective states.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    It is still an asinine extraordinary set of rules for a section of the state.

Such laws, when made by the state, should be unconstitutional under Amendment XIV Section 1.

PA allowing cities of the first class a different set of rights and privileges is just like NYS allowing NYC a different standard.

Both, PA's CotFC's and NYC's residents and visitors, are under a different set of laws governing rights, privileges, and equal protection under the law than those in other parts of the respective states.
    Amen Brother!

You must spread some reputation before giving to knight0334 again
    Someone please get him for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast