Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Starbucks Anti-gun Boycott Saturday 8/24/13

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    I guess what I was trying to say is that,I don't agree with the anti's seemingly being able to do whatever they want,and gun advocates able to have little or no ability to show support,without critcism,or adverse reactions from those that we are trying to show support for.
    There are many ways of showing support and saying "Thank you" that do not involve overtly armed mass demonstrations. For example, gun-owners who are (were) grateful for Starbuck's (former) policy could have simply gone to a Starbuck's of their choice, ordered a beverage of their choice, paid for it, and left a business card with a message saying something to the effect of, "Thank you for respecting my right to carry a means of personal self defense."

But, no ... the pro-gun equivalents of the screaming beards had to organize mass displays of "support" that were guaranteed to offend more people than they complimented.

Good work, people. Keep it up.

Not.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    There are many ways of showing support and saying "Thank you" that do not involve overtly armed mass demonstrations. For example, gun-owners who are (were) grateful for Starbuck's (former) policy could have simply gone to a Starbuck's of their choice, ordered a beverage of their choice, paid for it, and left a business card with a message saying something to the effect of, "Thank you for respecting my right to carry a means of personal self defense."

But, no ... the pro-gun equivalents of the screaming beards had to organize mass displays of "support" that were guaranteed to offend more people than they complimented.

Not.
    ^^^ In red.
    Which is what I did.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post

Not.
    I don't know. I didn't see too many screaming hordes of gun waving 2A supporters at any Starbucks that I know of. All of the meet and greets that I've heard about were generally quiet and low key. I'm sure the media would like to portray them as "armed mass demonstrations" by the "screaming beards" of the rabid pro-gun right, which is made easier when some of our own buy in to that fairy tale.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234