Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Starbucks Anti-gun Boycott Saturday 8/24/13

I stopped by one of the many CC Philly Starbucks at lunch today. Place was pretty quiet.

On the other hand, there was a group of about 8 people supporting the 4A and protesting "stop and frisk". They were not getting much attention but the PPD were on hand.
    MikeP

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I have been on Starbuck's page arguing with these idiots for what seems like forever.

Let them boycott. . wait. . I thought they already were boycotting. So does this mean they are being super serious about it?
    Its kind of like the security guard saying "Stop doing that or ill say stop again!"

Their boycott didn't work in the first place after Starbucks told them to get bent, and I suspect many of them just went anyway. Now once again they are pissed that Starbucks continues to call their bluff so they are blowing smoke saying: "This is it, if you don't change your ways, well ill show you! I wont buy something from there for one day!" And then on Sunday, they will need their fix so they will go in and get their fix, and feel so great about themselves because they didn't go yesterday.

Rabid anti gunners are such a small fringe group. They have nothing to throw around but their words, so they do. The only problem is that the media and our government does too in an effort to make them seem to be a majority and mainstream. Only problem is that bullshit talks, money and (real numbers) walk.

I wish they could boycott being stupid for at least one day..
    Last edited by Calzonewdippingsauce; August 24th, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

(Delaware County)

I wish the NRA and other groups would get smart and stage an advertised boycott of Liberal Media Advertisers. It's probably the only hope of turning the tide with the media.

I supported the one in Hermitage openly carrying in a shoulder holster my SR1911 while the wife was ccing. They were definitely not hurting for business!
    Ruger SR1911/SR9/Glock 19

(Beaver County)

Friday night I realized why it was my wifes idea to oc in beaver on Saturday took the whole family Her an I with both of our sons 20 an 18 years old were at starbucks in beaver we weren't even in the store for 5 mins an one gentleman addressed us an says " so ya don't come here often for coffee ? me either "noting that we all were oc . had a nice lil chat inside an out .then parted ways .

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Starbucks is to coffee as McDonalds is to filet mignon....total crap!

Why would any self respecting gun owner and supporter of gun rights patronize this progressive libtard establishment usually full of flaming queers and other emo hipster types who wet their pants at the mere mention of the word "gun"?

Fuck em...don't give them business and let them become the next franchise to learn the meaning of chapter 7 bankruptcy.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RusskyDudesky View Post
    Starbucks is to coffee as McDonalds is to filet mignon....total crap!

Why would any self respecting gun owner and supporter of gun rights patronize this progressive libtard establishment usually full of flaming queers and other emo hipster types who wet their pants at the mere mention of the word "gun"?

Fuck em...don't give them business and let them become the next franchise to learn the meaning of chapter 7 bankruptcy.
    There are just so many things I want to say about this post, but I will refrain myself.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Northampton County)

Maybe someone will wake up and see thay are not helping matters.
    Go ahead keep pushing businesses and forcing them to take a stand. All your doing is adding names to the list of place we can no longer go to.

I would like to thank everyone who made this a reality. .

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by kabkbak View Post
    Maybe someone will wake up and see thay are not helping matters.
    Go ahead keep pushing businesses and forcing them to take a stand. All your doing is adding names to the list of place we can no longer go to.

I would like to thank everyone who made this a reality. .

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    But it is ok for the other groups to make a stand,but not gun owners ?
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

The battle for the hearts of those who would support the 2A should be fought an won on the home front, not at Starbucks, Walmart, wondering the streets just to prove you can open carry, etc. I saw a dumb video of that one.

Educate the youth every chance you get. Adults...maybe. But our youth is the key. I have children at various ages and I made a mistake with my older ones, letting the schools get to the them first.

My young girls shoot airguns and compound bows in our basement. And both have 22 rifles. To my point, my daughter showed her bow to her friends, with my permission and supervision. Here's how that went:

Friend, "why do you lock that closet."
    Me: "because bows, arrows, and airguns can hurt people if not used properly."
    Friend: "ok" in a "that makes sense" tone.

Both friends: "wow, that bow is cool. I always wanted to shoot archery and guns. Can we shoot it?"
    Me: "well, I want to clear that with your parents, but if they're ok with it I would be happy to teach you."

Fast forward to drop off.

The friend's mom said to my wife how the uncle hunts and shoots and she and her husband would love them to learn, but they don't have the room inside, never got around to it, blah, blah, blah.

My wife said, no problem. My husband would love to teach them.

So there you go. No youtube videos, no meeting at Starbucks with an AR hanging off my shoulder. Just be someone that your friends and neighbors trust with their children and when they find out you own a gun, it's no big deal and they sometimes will want to learn. Win their hearts, then their minds and don't even try. Just let it happen naturally. You can't "force" anyone to your point of view and hardcore anti-gunners aren't listening to you anyway.

Exercise your right to OC, etc., as you wish. But doing it just to show someone that should support you, or to prove a point, probably won't be received very well - wrong as that may be, it's the reality we live with and can change.

Fight the politicians as we must, but we need the hearts of the citizens, i.e. voters. And our youth will be voting at some point.

It's not hard and we all have the power. Be safe
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast