Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Cool Heading down the Suscon range on Saturday....

I'll be down at the Suscon range on Saturday morning, sipping on a hot Curry Donuts coffee, sighting in my new rifle. What better way to spend the start of my weekend. What's everyone else up to?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Heading down the Suscon range on Saturday....

You gots to watch out for them jelly or cream filled donuts....The donut filling can get on your trigger finger and make it a little silipery. And also, you will get powdered suger over your new gun...
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

(Luzerne County)

Watch for the bozo's. Last time I was there I had to keep one eye on what I was doing and one eye on them to make sure they didn't do anything stupid.

(Lehigh County)

What kind of stupid stuff? Negligence or something else? Just wondering. I've heard of people having stuff stolen off their bench at other ranges while they were checking their target.

(Luzerne County)

As I was wrapping up shooting last week a middle age guy, and I assume his father propped up a target in front of the rifle benches at a distance of, oh...say 5 feet. I kept wondering where his rounds were skipping off to???

I was going to tell it it was against the PGC rules and regs of the range to do what he was doing, but I've spoken up before and just didn't feel like it that day. I was leaving anyway. After leaving the range and heading down towards Bald Mt Road, I saw a green PGC vehicle heading that way, so I'm sure he either got a warning or citation from the WCO.

Same day, some guy wearing a Dorrance EMS shirt was standing at the benches trying to shoot his semi-auto pistol at the 100 yard targets. Puffs of dirt were popping up all over the place, except near the target. If I was shooting at the bench next to him, I'm willing to bet stray rounds would be hitting my target.

Idiots who like to shoot the 2x4's, etc.

I have not heard of anything being stolen from the benches. For the most part everyone is careful. I'm familiar with a core bunch of people who usually shoot around the same time I do, so I don't worry about them. It the newbie's or people I don't recognize who I try and keep an eye on when I'm there.

Last year I was down checking my target, with other shooters and I guess I was the last one downrange when a shooter sat down and launched a round downrange. His target was the one next to mine, about 5' apart. This is the second time something like this has happened to me at this range, the first one being quite some time ago.
    Last edited by Steve in PA; August 23rd, 2013 at 12:17 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post

Last year I was down checking my target, with other shooters and I guess I was the last one downrange when a shooter sat down and launched a round downrange. His target was the one next to mine, about 5' apart. This is the second time something like this has happened to me at this range, the first one being quite some time ago.
    This is why I joined a private club! Oh, and also the stupid rule of only 3 rounds in a rifle mag and 6 in a pistol mag.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUPaul View Post
    This is why I joined a private club! Oh, and also the stupid rule of only 3 rounds in a rifle mag and 6 in a pistol mag.
    I would love to join a club. To be honest I just don't know any in my area. Google yields next to no results.

(Lehigh County)

As I was wrapping up shooting last week a middle age guy, and I assume his father propped up a target in front of the rifle benches at a distance of, oh...say 5 feet. I kept wondering where his rounds were skipping off to???

I was going to tell it it was against the PGC rules and regs of the range to do what he was doing, but I've spoken up before and just didn't feel like it that day. I was leaving anyway. After leaving the range and heading down towards Bald Mt Road, I saw a green PGC vehicle heading that way, so I'm sure he either got a warning or citation from the WCO.

Same day, some guy wearing a Dorrance EMS shirt was standing at the benches trying to shoot his semi-auto pistol at the 100 yard targets. Puffs of dirt were popping up all over the place, except near the target. If I was shooting at the bench next to him, I'm willing to bet stray rounds would be hitting my target.

Idiots who like to shoot the 2x4's, etc.

I have not heard of anything being stolen from the benches. For the most part everyone is careful. I'm familiar with a core bunch of people who usually shoot around the same time I do, so I don't worry about them. It the newbie's or people I don't recognize who I try and keep an eye on when I'm there.

Oh Jeez. I've seen lots of of people that misuse the range. The last time I was there I didn't see notice anything. Then again, that was about 2 years ago.

I'll make sure to bring someone to keep an eye out.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by PSUPaul View Post
    I replied to your private message about checking out my club. Give me a call.

I think your profile says Wyoming PA, I did a quick google maps and it says 19 miles to Factoryville Gun Club and 11 to an approximate location of the Suscon Road range, so really not that much further.

BTW, it seems silly to only load 3 rounds in my AR-15's 30 round mag!! I know others ignore the rule but I didn't want to rick what I hear is a healthy fine.

(Susquehanna County)

I saw this happen at the Archbald range a few years back. The all clear was given and about 15 people started the walk downrange. About halfway there someone let a round go and the guy closest to that lane ran back and decked the guy knocking him off the bench. Both guys were restrained until the PD showed up.
    Stay armed my friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast