Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default my fat butt is riding a bicycle 50 miles to cupport CF: August 22nd, 2013

http://www.cff.org/LWC/dsp_DonationP...&idUser=674131

if anyone would like to support, i'm trying to raise at least 180 bucks to support the cystic fibrosis foundation.

A 5 dollar donation gets my gratitude
    A 10 dollar donation gets an Amelia's angels bracelet
    A 20 dollar donation gets an Amelia's angels tshirt (size xl)

I want to thank everyone for all the support for previous events. I don't mean to keep whoring the forums for donations. But i'm going to ride 50 miles to support...

Thanks everyone! (for those that don't know, this is my daughter Amelia, who has cystic fibrosis)

Amelia says thank you!

Default Re: my fat A$$ is riding a bicycle 50 miles to cupport CF

Absolutely adorable.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks man.

just ran across this pic on my wife's facebook. She has an awesome attitude. even with all the meds, therapies, and Dr appointments. It never slows her down one bit.

the wrist bands:

the t shirts

her creon... around 900 pills a month of that medication alone when she eats (6 pills of just that 1 drug at every snack or meal). she also takes special vitamins every day, 2 doses of albuterol when we do PT, and a dose of pulmozyne at the end of the night (to help break up the mucus). Plus 2 types of antacids in the morning and afternoon.

when she's sick add 2 more PT treatments in plus 2-3 inhaled antibiotics (and sometimes IV if she gets sick enough).

(Allegheny County)

Approaching 1400 bucks!!!!!!!!

I'll be posting updates/pics/etc from the ride in this thread. I'm going to try and take the gopro and film anything interesting too.

Thank you so much everyone! the support has been overwhelming!

(Allegheny County)

Hey Guys. I just wanted to update this thread.

First off. Thank you to everyone who's supported Amelia and myself. I've never felt so blessed to be part of a community.

2nd. HOLY CRAP. i'm up to $2605!!!!! my team is up to $4055!!!!

I never thought we'd be anywhere near that! Its an awesome feeling knowing you guys are behind us. and I know one day Amelia will understand and appreciate what that means.

update on the kiddo. took her to the lake this weekend. had some good and bad times. she (as always) had a blast. But two nights in a row we were up with digestive issues. Her and daddy hung out downstairs and watched the lion king from 3 am to 6 am both days. it kills me to see her in pain. My wife and I at times have to guess on how many enzymes she needs. she gets 6 per meal but they only last 45 minutes. and she wanted desert both days. Trying to get calories into her we always like when she eats desert, but we guessed wrong on how many extra enzymes she needed (too many or too few end in the same result).

and she snuck into her tent during therapy... she's not hard to find... just follow the singing and the tubes lol

Here's our friend's little girl Leighton who also has CF and who's about 2 weeks older than Amelia...

she spent the weekend in the hospital. she had an intestinal blockage (which is not uncommon at all). they had to do a GI tube (I think hat's the right term) down her nose to get the laxatives and vitamins in. she also was just diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis caused liver disease. All these things are real possibilities with Amelia too.

So that's all that was running through my mind when we were up in the middle of the night.

(Allegheny County)

So I just wanted to give a final update.

I was the number 2 fundraiser at the whole event. my team (basically my mom and I) raised $5240 and she was the number 3 fundraiser. our team was the second highest team as well!

the ride raised approx. $60,000.00 in it's first year!

First off. Thank you all again for donating. I know I've said it 478 times already. But it means a lot to me.

secondly. the ride report. lets just say you guys got your moneys worth. it was BRUTAL. I swear to god it was one giant hill. the ride was picked in relation to the start/end facility. not so much the terrain. it took me 6 hours to complete the ride. Absolutely brutal. actually it was too brutal. I think it's going to hurt our attendance next year. But that's a different story for another time.

anyway. I drank 2 liters of water, rode for 6 hours, and couldn't walk up the stairs the next day lol.

here's some pics from the event. (we forgot to take a team photo lol)

my ride:

my mom (on left) and Christine (our 3rd teammate) finishing

our team:

one of the signs at the finish line (had Amelia and I on it)

I cant remember her name. But she sponsored the first rest stop. her daughter died 2 years ago at the age of 32.

my buddy shane. his 8 year old daughter Sadie has CF

such a weird disease. despite us and our wives being friends, we can't get the families together since CF kids can't be around each other...

a little cfer (you can tell by the lay and the button. that way other people with CF know to keep their distance.

live music, killer BBQ, Lots of beer at the end... if anyone is interested in joining my team next year please let me know!!!!

and thanks again for all the support!