Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default M1 Carbine Value Question, '43 Inland

I've got a 1943 Inland Carbine that I'm debating whether to hold onto or sell. The barrel date stamp is 4-43, serial number 3490##. It's got it's original I-Cut Highwood stock (IO in slingwell and on handguard), push button safety, flip sight, type 1 barrel band, dogleg hammer. Included is a link to some pictures of it I had posted a few years ago online.

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=19765

The stock had been varnished by a previous owner, but the cartouches are still there. The original sling swivel and screw were not on the rifle when my father bought it, so I added a reproduction swivel and screw until I can find some originals. The previous owner also installed a set of commercial sling swivels on the bottom of the stock, which were removed, and the holes repaired.

Would really like some help determining what this carbine is worth.
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
    United States Constitution - 2nd Amendment

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: M1 Carbine Value Question, '43 Inland

Nice gun. It's a shame about the stock and sling mount issues. With a better I-cut stock it would probably bring $1400-1450 or so. As it is, I'd guess you're in the $1200-ish range assuming all parts match pretty well in finish/patina. Inlands are common of course but that's a nice early 6-digit with original barrel so that definitely helps.
    Last edited by thebearpack; August 22nd, 2013 at 06:35 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: M1 Carbine Value Question, '43 Inland

Bearpack has it about right value wise. Depending on the buyer, practical value is $1,000.00-$1,200.00. That stock is going to be VERY expensive to replace.