Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Go to Starbucks on Saturday

http://www.sys-con.com/node/2763983

The above link is to a page concerning Moms Demand Action, and their promotion of the " Skip Starbucks Saturday ".

In opposition to their efforts, we should all go to Starbucks on Saturday so they don't suffer at idiotic gun control efforts aimed at changing corporate policy.

" INDIANAPOLIS, Aug.*21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --*As part of an on-going campaign to pressure Starbucks to ban guns from stores nationwide, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will sponsor "Skip Starbucks Saturday" this*Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013.
    The day is in reaction to the ongoing armed rallies being held by gun advocates at Starbucks across the country, as well as frequent open carry of weapons inside Starbucks stores, including loaded assault weapons."Guns in places like Starbucks is intimidating and an unnecessary risk to our children and families – we are asking Starbucks to exercise its right to adopt a gun-free policy in its stores," said*Kim Russell, national director of outreach for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
    "Many moms don't realize that in dozens of states, guns can be legally purchased and openly carried with no background check and no permitting or training. Gun advocates who bring their loaded guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, but none of the required training."Moms Demand Action is encouraging moms to send a message to Starbucks by not patronizing their stores and, instead, sign and share a petition asking Starbucks to change its policy (http://tinyurl.com/ylgzh8z) and to donate their coffee money to Moms Demand Action (tinyurl.com/coffeewithgunsense).
    Mom members will also post on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #skipstarbucks. Once the grassroots movement's petition reaches 25,000 signatures, members of Moms Demand Action will deliver the petition to Starbucks'*Seattle*headquarters.Starbucks has become a de facto gathering place for gun enthusiasts due to its refusal to ban firearms from its stores. Although Starbucks has stated that its policy is to "comply with local laws," it has a history of going above and beyond local laws in the interest of consumer safety.* Most recently, it banned smoking outside of its stores where it would otherwise be legal to smoke. It also prohibits guns at its corporate headquarters, and does not allow its employees to carry firearms.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Go to Starbucks on Saturday

i dont drink coffee but my girlfriend does so we'll be making a trip to Starbucks saturday

(Allegheny County)

But Starbucks coffee is so nasty man!

(Delaware County)

Hmmm. Might have to partake in some Starbucks this weekend. I have yet to take my shotgun out for a stroll, anyway.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by zlaya View Post
    But Starbucks coffee is so nasty man!
    Have a candy coffee or a hot coco if its so nasty.

(Montgomery County)

I'll wait for Dunkin Donuts. BTW, is it just me to think it is a little crazy to walk into a Starbucks with an AR-15 on your back just to make a point?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I'll wait for Dunkin Donuts. BTW, is it just me to think it is a little crazy to walk into a Starbucks with an AR-15 on your back just to make a point?
    Crazy, no. Over the top, perhaps, but the whole point of "making a point" is to ensure you get it across.

(Philadelphia County)

I hate starbucks coffee, but...
    I DO have a giftcard that's been gathering dust, so I guess its starbucks this saturday. Gotta get to the bank and see if they have any 2 dollar bills for the tip.

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

With all the complaints on this board about places that aren't carry friendly, I'm really surprised at the lack of enthusiasm for supporting a business that is. Ill stop at Starbucks and drop a couple bucks on something.

(Northampton County)

Wife and I will be at Airport Rd location in Allentown around 4pm.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast