Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Trust for suppressor in Pike?

Anyone have any first-hand experience going the trust route for a suppressor here in Pike? Bueki won't sign off on a can as I'm sure you all know by now.

I've done my Google research and it seems fairly straight forward, but what I am wondering is whether or not I can go the Quicken way or if a gun-trust lawyer is the better bet considering PA law nuances?

Furthermore, most tutorials describing the Quicken way of doing things is for a single suppressor assigned to the trust. If I'm going to do this, I'm going all out and getting a suppressor for my .45, another for my AR rifles in 5.56, and finally, one more for my Armalite SASS in 7.62 Nato. I don't know if I have to list all 3 at the same time, or if I can just file the trust and buy the 3 I need and then list the S/N's on the appropriate ATF forms.

Thoughts?
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Trust for suppressor in Pike?

For something like that with the possible repurcussions I would consult with a lawyer. Ive been considering the same thing and dont want to be hung out to dry with a jacked up trust.

(Pike County)

Yeah, lawyer is probably the way to go, but the costs involved in hitting an attorney could best be spent elsewhere. I'm still interested to see if anyone here has gone the Quicken trust way and had no issues.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Don't wish ill for your enemies. Plan it.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Trust for suppressor in Pike?

one size does not fit all... go the lawyer route and protect yourself. the savings of money will NOT outweigh your freedom or legal fees and future firearms ownership. Or even worse being BUBBA's little Bi@#h...

DO it once do it right, No sense saving a dime to spend a buck later in lawyers fees to avoid jail time.

Snert