Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default LTCF holder shooting in West Chester

I wonder how far the media is going run with this one:

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/20...s-hospitalized

I'm sure all the details are not out but on the surface it looks like the LTCF holder was in the wrong.

(Chester County)

Default Re: LTCF holder shooting in West Chester

Is it me, or does it seem a lot of crap goes down on Church St? Nothing good happens at 2AM. There is no mention of an LTCF in the article.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Is it me, or does it seem a lot of crap goes down on Church St? Nothing good happens at 2AM. There is no mention of an LTCF in the article.

+1. OP, what makes you say the shooter had an LTCF?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

From the article:

"According to the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, Zebley has a license to carry firearms. Other than a 2010 DUI conviction that landed him in the Chester County ARD program, Zebley has no prior criminal record, according to online court records"

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post

"nothing good happens after midnight"

and when my daughter (due on october 12th, can you tell im excited) wants to go out when she is older i will modify the saying to "nothing good happens after 7:55"
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    From the article:

"According to the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, Zebley has a license to carry firearms. Other than a 2010 DUI conviction that landed him in the Chester County ARD program, Zebley has no prior criminal record, according to online court records"
    This quote is not until the second page. Or possibly it was part of the "update" to the article.

It's one article and I'm sure not all the facts are in but this could be some bad PR for LTCF holders, as we all get associated with one bad incident.

Glad I got my LCP before they try to ban "small .380" pistols.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

There are far fewer wrongful shootings by LTCF holders than there are crimes committed by illegal aliens, blacks, gays, left-handed people, English-speakers, Spanish-speakers, welders, cashiers, or cops.

One incident does not make a pattern. Even a few incidents.

We are told (properly) not to judge all Catholic priests by the acts of a few, not to judge all gay men by the acts of a few pedophiles, not to taint all young black men by the thuggish behavior of the few thousand who are arrested for vicious crimes every year in Pennsylvania.

So we should demand the same courtesy in return. There are 3/4 of a million LTCF's in force, a "problem" would exist if half of them were being abused. If a quarter of them were being abused. If one in ten were being abused. Are we reading about 75,000 Pennsylvanians with LTCF's shooting down innocent folks in traffic accidents or because there was an onion ring in their french fries?

Nope. Not 10%. Not even 1%, or 7,500 shootings by LTCF holders. Not even 0.1%.

It's just not a problem. Our LTCF system works.

Look at the odds of an urban youth committing a violent crime, and compare that to the chances that some guy who passes PICS will use a licensed firearm to commit a crime. Not even close. That at-risk kid faces a 40% or greater chance of being arrested and coming under the control of the criminal justice system.

Maybe we should focus on the defined groups who actually commit crimes in numbers large enough to be a problem, like boys without fathers and children of Welfare families. Not the 1 guy in 100,000 who gets in a fight and pulls his licensed gun, despite the bystanders who think that when you're forced into a fist fight you should just play along.

"No" means "no". Don't start punching someone just because you think you can out-punch him, that's not the behavior of a civilized member of society, and you forfeit the right to a civilized response. If you want to punch other men, go join a gym and take up boxing.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There are far fewer wrongful shootings by LTCF holders .....
    Very well said!

(Delaware County)

There are far fewer wrongful shootings by LTCF holders than there are crimes committed by illegal aliens, blacks, gays, left-handed people, English-speakers, Spanish-speakers, welders, cashiers, or cops.

We are told (properly) not to judge all Catholic priests by the acts of a few, not to judge all gay men by the acts of a few pedophiles, not to taint all young black men by the thuggish behavior of the few thousand who are arrested for vicious crimes every year in Pennsylvania.

So we should demand the same courtesy in return. There are 3/4 of a million LTCF's in force, a "problem" would exist if half of them were being abused. If a quarter of them were being abused. If one in ten were being abused. Are we reading about 75,000 Pennsylvanians with LTCF's shooting down innocent folks in traffic accidents or because there was an onion ring in their french fries?

Look at the odds of an urban youth committing a violent crime, and compare that to the chances that some guy who passes PICS will use a licensed firearm to commit a crime. Not even close. That at-risk kid faces a 40% or greater chance of being arrested and coming under the control of the criminal justice system.

Maybe we should focus on the defined groups who actually commit crimes in numbers large enough to be a problem, like boys without fathers and children of Welfare families. Not the 1 guy in 100,000 who gets in a fight and pulls his licensed gun, despite the bystanders who think that when you're forced into a fist fight you should just play along.

"No" means "no". Don't start punching someone just because you think you can out-punch him, that's not the behavior of a civilized member of society, and you forfeit the right to a civilized response. If you want to punch other men, go join a gym and take up boxing.

As far as I am concerned, Onion Rings in my french fries is grounds for me to shoot ya.......
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Allegheny County)

GunLawyer001 your thinking with logic not emotion as the other side does to justify what they do.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast