Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Let's see your Chinese AKs!

I'll start with my Polytech Underfolders. The top is a stamped "Double Folder" and the bottom is a milled.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Let's see your Chinese AKs!

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by TB215 View Post
    I'll start with my Polytech Underfolders. The top is a stamped "Double Folder" and the bottom is a milled.

Nice. The double folder is one that I must have one day.

(Centre County)

Ahhh the Chinese AK's... I have some sad story about Chinese AK and I...

my very first AK was Mac 90 with spike bayonet and 30round mag with full accessory I bought back in 1994 when I lived in Upstate NY for I think was $299(Hard to believe, ain't it? it was different time back then...).

I loved the stinking thing - I was like the coolest kid in the high school.
    I used to go buy a several 20rds Chinese 7.62x39 pkg(IIRC, it was like $3.99...), and go up to my buddy's farm(his family owned huge farm), and shoot up everything from tin cans to busted up 1964 AMC Rambler 770 Classic sitting on the cinder blocks...
    I was saving up to buy a proper wod stock set to replace the ghey ass sporter stock mine came with.

Then all the fun ended when I got the call from the gunshop wanting me to bring my pride and joy back to check something.

Turned out that my Mac90 - an early 1990's import - had a what is commonly known as a "evil 3rd hole", and there for it was illegal according to ATF.
    He took the gun back to ship it back to importer I believe, then gave me a Type56 instead.

While SKS was okay, it just wasn't the same....
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Ahhh the Chinese AK's... I have some sad story about Chinese AK and I...

my very first AK was Mac 90 with spike bayonet and 30round mag with full accessory I bought back in 1994 when I lived in Upstate NY for I think was $299(Hard to believe, ain't it? it was different time back then...).

I loved the stinking thing - I was like the coolest kid in the high school.
    I used to go buy a several 20rds Chinese 7.62x39 pkg(IIRC, it was like $3.99...), and go up to my buddy's farm(his family owned huge farm), and shoot up everything from tin cans to busted up 1964 AMC Rambler 770 Classic sitting on the cinder blocks...
    I was saving up to buy a proper wod stock set to replace the ghey ass sporter stock mine came with.

Then all the fun ended when I got the call from the gunshop wanting me to bring my pride and joy back to check something.

Turned out that my Mac90 - an early 1990's import - had a what is commonly known as a "evil 3rd hole", and there for it was illegal according to ATF.
    He took the gun back to ship it back to importer I believe, then gave me a Type56 instead.

While SKS was okay, it just wasn't the same....
    Im a pretty clumsy guy. If that happened to me I would have probably dropped it overboard on the boat ride back to the gun shop.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post
    Im a pretty clumsy guy. If that happened to me I would have probably dropped it overboard on the boat ride back to the gun shop.
    Ya... I was just dumb high school kid didn't know anything. Not to mention there was no body of water near where i was...
    to be honest, i didn't even know what he meant by the auto sear hole until many years later.
    I've seen a many pictures of Mac90 with 3rd hole since then, which holes were welded over(guess that's still no good in ATF's eyes), but I'm pretty sure mine wasn't welded over. But rather had a rivet went through the receiver...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Calzonewdippingsauce View Post
    May I ask why? What benefit of keeping it would out weigh the possibility of getting caught with it?

Quote Originally Posted by rgb03 View Post
    May I ask why? What benefit of keeping it would out weigh the possibility of getting caught with it?
    Life in prison without the possibility of parole. Or,,, move to new jersey.
    You make the call

(Dauphin County)

What is the evil 3rd hole ?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    What is the evil 3rd hole ?
    it makes it easier to install an auto sear piece (is that what its called?) to convert the rifle into a select fire rifle (full auto capabilities)
    I hardly know anything about the subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast