Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Post Pistol Caliber Carbines and the pistols they marry with

Master list of current Pistol Caliber Carbines and the Pistols they Share Magazines with.

i am trying to keep this list to purpose built Mag feed rifles that share not just ammo but Magazines with a pistol. so no AR/AK pistols, no revolver lever combos, no pistol attachments to make a carbine, no pistol or carbines made from a sub machine guns, while loved not the subject here.

in no particular order

Beretta Cx4 Storm:
    currently produced in 4 versions. two in 9mm and one in 40S&W and 45ACP. one 9mm version for the complimenting Px4 storm the other for the iconic 92 series pistol. the 40S&W is interchange able with the Px4 of the same caliber. and the 45ACP is designed to work with the 8045 Cougar made by Beretta.
    ---i have no personal experience with this rifle... yet. the rifle and pistols are not on the cheap side and i mean that in more than one way. reviews i have read are positive and the combo is a bit expensive. one added benefit to the 92 version is in an End of the world scenario M9s will be everywhere so loaded mags should be on fallen soldier bodies---

Ruger Police Carbine:
    no longer produced but still can be found second hand. Ruger designed these in two flavors 9mm and 40S&W. both take Rugers P-series mags and have complementing pistols.
    ---i own a PC9 with a P95 pistol and while it makes a cool combo i find the pistol is not as accurate or comfortable to hold as i would like. the rifle is great as far as accuracy is concerned but is limited by the inability to change the stock as the fire controls are built into it. also the rifle is on the heavy side. i was able to get the rifle and pistol for less than 1000$

Marlin Camp Carbine:
    no longer in production. can be found second hand. like the ruger it only comes in two versions, unlike ruger it comes in a 9mm and a 45ACP version. the 9mm model will work with S&W 59-series mags while the 45ACP will take just about any single stack 1911 mags.
    ---I got my 45 camp carbine used and it needed some work to get it feeding right. besides that small hiccup the only down side i have found is if you reassemble the rifle wrong and damage the feed ramp it will cause jams.

Keltec Sub 2000:
    still in production??? originally $400 rifle now it seems you can only get it second hand for $700+. despite the added cost it is still a very light weight little carbine and comes in a wide assortment of Mag types. comes in 9mm or 40S&W caliber with different mag well for...
    [9mm (Glock 17,19) (S&W 59) (Beretta 92) (Sig 226)]
    [40S&W (Glock 22,23) (Beretta 96) (S&W 4006) (Sig 226)]
    ---i chose the Glock 22,23 version to go along with my Glock 23. i know it is only a pistol caliber rifle but being that federal law enforcement and a lot of local cop use the G23 already i am a little shocked that they did not pick up a few of these. the folding ability of the Sub 2K makes it a great back pack rifle.

Hi-point:
    currently in prodution. the major selling point of this one is it is cheap. it is designed to work with hi-point pistols. it comes in three caliber: 9mm 40S&W, 45ACP.
    ---i have no personal experiance with this one but it is another heavy ugly duck. from what i have seen it is not completely interchangeable with the pistols. being so cheap they would make a good bury rifle.

Just Right Carbine:
    one of two pistol caliber carbines currently produced the mimic the AR15 platform. comes in four versions two in 45ACP and one in each of 9mm, 40S&W. one of the 45ACP versions takes 1911 mags while the other three utilize Glock mags. designed to work with parts from the AR15 platform
    ---no personal experience with this one. the added design element of utilizing AR furniture makes this a great stepping stone for those interested in an AR thus allowing you to move stock and fore end parts from one to the other.

TNW Aero Survival Rifle:
    the second AR type PCC that shares mags with Glock pistols. right now there are three types in 9mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP. instead of sharing stocks with your AR this ones draw is in its ability to Quickly change from one caliber to another.
    ---i have no personal hands on experience yet but reviews are looking good, my only gripe is the lack of iron sights and high cost while not in the beretta range still too close to the cost of a "full size rifle" (a rifle that fires rifle caliber rounds)

KRISS Vector:
    there is a civilian version of the sub machine gun both running off of Glock 21 mags, only comes in 45ACP. utilizing a revolutionary bolt design lightens recoil and muzzle climb. on the highest end of the price scale.
    ---i have no personal experience with the KRISS Vector. the new bolt design does not get to full potential in the civilian semi-auto version. the SMG is where you will gain the most of the design allowing to put a lot of lead on target in a short time. special thanks to Solaran_X for reminding me of this one.

Master Piece Arms 5700SST 5.7x28mm Carbine:
    carbine made to use the new-ish 5.7x28mm (cartridge been around since 1990) shares mag with the FiveSeven pistol. the manufacturer also makes carbines in 45ACP and 9mm unsure of the compatibility with any pistol.
    ---i have heard it described as a 5.7 caliber uzi but it looks more like a mac 10 with a quad rail to me. have not even seen one in person but would like to shoot one if given the chance (may even buy one). it would go well with my FiveSeven. on the higher end of fairly priced the only negative i see at this time is the ammo is still on the high side and from what i have read reloading is very hard and time consuming to do (possible though). thanks to Del48 for this one

Citadel Arms M1 Carbine:
    coming out soon is citadel's M1 carbine replica in 9mm. indications at this point is it will use the same mags as the beretta 92's.
    ---i really hope these are going to be built better than there 22 version. they are know to be rough fit and finish

Thureon Defense GA:
    will research and get more info soon...
    ---thanks goes out to -Viriatus

if you have any to add to the list please tell us about it. if you happen to be coming through the bucks county area and have an item i have no time with i would love to handle what you got just shoot (pun intended) me a PM

while i would like to include my personal favorite the De lisle carbine, they are too rare and originals only used modified 1911 mags, while custom jobs exist and use un-moded 1911 mags i am keeping this list to non-custom works (factory only please)
    Last edited by X-Ghost-X; February 13th, 2014 at 09:17 PM.

Default Re: Pistol Caliber Carbines and the pistols they marry with

I really wish Ruger and Marlin would bring back the PC and Camp Rifle.

IMO the Hi Point carbines are a lot of fun for the money.

(Jefferson County)

I absolutely loved my Marlin Camp 9 and 45. Sadly I had to sell both in tough times..

I had a S&W 459 to go with the Camp 9, and still have my 1911 that went with the Camp 45.

Both camp carbines were accurate as all hell even with cheapo mil-surp ball ammo. My dad fired my Camp 9 one day, he wasn't a "semi-auto guy" at the time, turned and looked at me and said "I LOVE THIS THING!" Then continued to put several more holes in cans.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

No mention yet of the KRISS Vector, which uses 13-round Glock 21 mags. They also market an extension for the standard 13-round Glock 21 magazine that turns it into a 30-round magazine for the Vector and retain compatibility with the Glock 21 (and other .45 ACP Glock variants).

I have both a Glock 21 and a KRISS Vector. The convenience of a pistol and carbine using the same magazines is wonderful.

(Chester County)

Masterpiece Arms MPA5700 ST carbine 5.7x28mm (uses Five-seveN magazines)
    https://masterpiecearms.com/products.php?cat=58

FN Five-seveN pistol 5.7x28mm
    http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/com...ns/five-seven/

There is also this for a .45 ACP one.

The De Lisle carbine that uses 1911 magazines. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it is internally suppressed so it can only be had via an ATF Form 4 and a nice long waiting period for paperwork to come back.

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=nfa

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ghost-X View Post

Just Right Carbine:
    one of two pistol caliber carbines currently produced the mimic the AR15 platform. comes in four versions two in 45ACP and one in each of 9mm, 40S&W. one of the 45ACP versions takes 1911 mags while the other three utilize Glock mags. designed to work with parts from the AR15 platform
    ---no personal experience with this one. the added design element of utilizing AR furniture makes this a great stepping stone for those interested in an AR thus allowing you to move stock and fore end parts from one to the other.
    I picked one of these up in 9mm and it has been a fun shooter. I had it out a a fun shoot last week and could sit there and ring steel plates at 100 yards all day. I did move an EOTech onto it from and AR and it made hitting those plates almost comically easy. It is a little odd to clean compared to and AR as you have to unscrew the buffer tube and slide everything out the back but not bad.

Overall I like it and it feels better than a highpoint being basically all machined aluminum and steel. Not saying it is better as I have not shot the highpoint but I have held them and they felt well ~~~~ you know.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    There is also this for a .45 ACP one.

The De Lisle carbine that uses 1911 magazines. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it is internally suppressed so it can only be had via an ATF Form 4 and a nice long waiting period for paperwork to come back.

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php?page=nfa

I always hate it when people make me want to buy more NFA toys That thing looks freaking sweet.

(Chester County)

I have always thought a .30 caliber G.I. M1 Carbine and a similarly chambered Ruger Blackhawk would be a cool combination. Have to pull the trigger on that some day.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by r horn View Post
    I picked one of these up in 9mm and it has been a fun shooter. I had it out a a fun shoot last week and could sit there and ring steel plates at 100 yards all day. I did move an EOTech onto it from and AR and it made hitting those plates almost comically easy. It is a little odd to clean compared to and AR as you have to unscrew the buffer tube and slide everything out the back but not bad.

Overall I like it and it feels better than a highpoint being basically all machined aluminum and steel. Not saying it is better as I have not shot the highpoint but I have held them and they felt well ~~~~ you know.
    The JRC9 is fun an functional. I've 1,700 rounds through mine.

MikeP

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast