Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Trail Camera picture viewer

Hi I’m looking for a digital camera picture viewer that I can view pictures wile in the field not having to take the SD card back home to view. I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam and I’m buying another brand . My question is there a viewer out there that will read SD cards from different brand cameras and do no harm to the SD card like erase the pictures? I’m assuming that I will have to reformat the card when I put it back into the camera.
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Trail Camera picture viewer

As long as your camera and reader record and read JPG, there should be no issues. If you are looking at reformatting in the field be sure you have ample memory (to save the ones once you have edited) on the viewer and you are able to upload your images with a USB cable or resave them to a card then upload using that. The cable would be less hassle.

If you are speaking of different cards rather than image format, I would say you need one with a USB slot, then you can use any card size with a universal card reader that plugs into the USB slot.
    I believe almost all use the SDH card though and I ma not aware of an image viewer with a USB slot for reading.

I would try to stay with an SDH card to reduce cost and trouble.
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Cumberland County)

Check eBay for an older used smartphone like a palm Treo. They used sd cards and you could copy the pix to their internal memory so you could view them on your computer at home.
    If you can only find something with a micro sd then switch your camera to micro sd with an adapter.
    Last edited by Neilthepilot; August 14th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

(Washington County)

Thanks for the input, I’ll try both and see what works for me
    Again Thanks’

(Allegheny County)

There are lots of options out there from $30 and up. Search amazon for "sd card picture viewer". One of the easiest and lowest cost methods is using a digital camera that you may already own, and popping the sd card in it to read the files. It works on some game cam cards. It just depends on the file structure that the cam uses when saving the photos.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.