Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs down Waxman introduces bill to ban "assault weapons" parts kits

http://secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com/

As California Congressman Henry Waxman promised, he has introduced a Bill to ban the sale of “Parts kits” for “Assault Rifles, Assault Shotguns, and Assault Pistols." This also includes a ban on Receiver blanks.The Bill defines an “assault weapons parts kit as: “ any part or combination of parts not designed and intended for repair or replacement but designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon…”Which raised the question of vagueness in the law as to which components of an “Assault Weapons Parts Kits” could be sold legally to repair an existing gun. Would it be a replacement bolt assembly consisting of a number of parts? Or, a stripped bolt? Or, replacement front and rear sights? Or, a grip assembly for say, an HK 91? Or, an upper for an AR15? How about an AR15 lower? Or, you fill in the blank?This new ban would be enforced by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Default Re: Waxman introduces bill to ban "assault weapons" parts kits

IF ONLY THEY HAD BALLS LIKE THIS!!!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Chester County)

I don't see this getting very far. The anti crowd will do a lot of stuff but they aren't stupid enough to go for very vague laws that won't make it through congress. Besides with the 2014 elections on the horizon I see a lot of people keepin quiet to get through it.

We need to make sure the house stays right of center and the senate goes the same. Or better yet they both go libertarian ( wishful thinking I know)
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Of this Waxman type of politician and the other control freaks that are wicked in thought and deed I have this to quote:

"There is no rest for the wicked!" And "the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt."

Book Isaiah

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

The bill is HR 2910; here is a link to the text:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr2910/text

Due to the vagueness of the wording, it seems if passed it most certainly could enable .gov to declare partial AR (and many other) parts sets to be "assault weapons" by themselves. IIRC, this bill was presented on 8-1-13, so just prior to congress taking the August vacation. My guess is they will be using some vacation time to attempt to get more cosponsors and force feed the importance of this bill to the general public.

This would be a pretty bad one if passed, giving far too much latitude in technical determination to the consumer protection agency. The next logical step would be for the CPA to declare virtually all guns/kits/parts/ammo to be "defective/dangerous" goods (I believe there is some history on that attempt in the past). I'm also sure that's the long term plan.

Please contact your US congress critters and let them know how you feel.

Regards, Jim