Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Mall Ninjas at your local gun club

Disclaimer: I know people are allowed to do what they want and spend their money the way they choose, and generally speaking these people are decent folks.

That being said WTF is up with these guys/girls? Occasionally they are at my local gun club, decked out in their tactical clothing complete with military style patches. Always with a OWB holster and no fewer than 4 mags around their waist among other random "gear". Occasionally they walk around the range with their AR/AK/Hipoint carbine slung over their shoulder. Then they take up the whole range to practice their "tactical maneuvers" and gloat about 3 head shots from 6 feet away. They talk the talk but you know damn well none of them are ex-military (or they got medically discharged in BCT). I know they aren't just infesting my range, this bother anyone else as much as it does me?
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Mall Ninjas at your local gun club

To each his own.

However .... it does pain me to think that many such individuals are very likely deluding themselves into a false sense of security.

(York County)

Hey, as long as they're doing it safely, it doesn't bother me. It gets them out of the house and away from the Call of Duty. Having said that, I haven't seen anything like that at my range.

GB
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post
    It gets them out of the house and away from the Call of Duty.
    Now that's funny.

(Northampton County)

Better than wanna be gangsters at rental ranges asking for that "fotay jawn der. Da one wit da big clip" so they can practice shooting sideways.
    Mall ninjas may be weird and misguided but at least the ones I've seen have a sense of respect for safety rules.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JStem1283 View Post

Then they take up the whole range to practice their "tactical maneuvers" and gloat about 3 head shots from 6 feet away.

If I could do that, I'd be bragging to anyone who would listen.

Maybe I should get some tacticool stuff to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Philadelphia County)

As long as they have good muzzle and trigger discipline, and proper range etiquette I have no problem being in the lane over from them. Also if they don't talk my ear off about the zombie apocalypse/WROL/SHTF/TEOTWAWKI. I'm just happy they support us owning these kinds of rifles and aren't like some fudds who just care about hunting rifles.

One thing that pisses me off is when they get all high and mighty. I recall over hearing a kid who couldn't grow a beard telling people how to do tactical maneuvers. When asked what his experience was and I kid you not "I've watched tones of DVDs, Read a few books, and been shooting for a little over a year". I had a conversation with a kid at a SGL that went like this also:

Ninja: So where you in they Army?
    Me: Yes I was.
    Ninja: Sweet, So was I
    Me: What was your MOS title?
    Ninja: ...What?
    Me: What did you do in the Army?
    Ninja: Oh, I was a SEAL trainee
    At that point I just nodded and excused myself to get more ammo for my brother. He went back to shooting his Mossberg 4x4 that had the most bubba'd paint job ever.

Finally what's wrong with tactical patches. I have a two hats that take them and I'm considering a jacket. I like having clothing I change the logo/flag/saying on.

Plus this one comes in handy:http://www.skdtac.com/Cool-Story-Bro...-p/skd.420.htm
    Last edited by RebelRaider5; August 11th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

Based on some of the stuff I read here at PAFOA, I've seen many many more people here who are closer to your description of "mall ninja" than I've ever seen at a local gun club or range. Just saying...

(Elk County)

One of them frequents a range at which I shoot, and he drives up in a ex-LE Crown Victoria with a push bar on the front. It's a big production with him getting out, putting on his tac vest, unloading his AR from the trunk, uncasing his AR, waiting until everyone is shooting to call for a break to post his target, a leisurely stroll to the 25 yd backstop and back to the bench line, then he smacks home a 30 rd mag, shoulders the AR, wiggles around a bit while sighting, then BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBA MBAMBAM rapid fire until the weapon is empty.

Then he calls for a cease-fire to get his target, scrupulously polices his empties ("Sniper loads I reload myself," he says), cases the AR, lays it in the CV's trunk, slams the trunk lid, sheds the tac vest, gets in the car, and does a pseudo-burn out on the gravel as he drives off to his next fantasy.

I once picked up one of his "sniper load" empties, and it was Prvi Partizan factory brass with a primer crimp.

His job? Two of them. He works part-time at a Fuel On (trashy convenience store) and part-time at Wal-Mart.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; September 2nd, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalreload View Post
    Based on some of the stuff I read here at PAFOA, I've seen many many more people here who are closer to your description of "mall ninja" than I've ever seen at a local gun club or range. Just saying...
    Why don't you just start a thread telling everyone their kids are ugly?

At some point in time, you were just as uninformed, unskilled and "unwashed" as anyone else.

As was I.

"Man must seek his own salvation".

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast