Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Erie County)

Default Looking for Information please....

Hi Everyone, I just joined today, and I am looking for information about shooting ranges and learning how to safely handle hand guns but at the same time be so used to handling my handgun its second nature to me and my family. Also the best places to go and who to talk to. I don't want to go into to much information, however the main reason is for self defense. If you have any thoughts or information please contact me through the email option or in private here on the site. I'm still going through learning how this site works .
    Thank you in advance to any one who reaches out.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking for Information please....

Welcome to the PAFOA!

You may want to check out the "regions" section at the bottom of the forum main page and take a look at the county where you live. You may be able to hook up with someone local to you that can take care of your needs. There may already be a discussion going on or an older thread that has info on local training and places to shoot.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 762xIan; August 9th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Lehigh County)

Do you own a handgun yet? Have you ever shot before? If you are new to all of this, there are training classes you should go to. Check with any gun shop in your area and see what they suggest. Did you buy it new, go to the shop where you bought it and ask them. I'd be glad to show you, but you are a little to far for that. Like suggested above, check the counties forum's and maybe you can hookup with someone local.

(Erie County)

look into some classes offered around town. Bobs Gun Shop offers some hands down BA classes. The website is http://www.lethalweaponstraining.com/. You can gather information from there. Also your best bet for ranges are ones that require membership to limit the possibility of having to deal with riff raff and unsafe situations. I belong to Erie County Sportsmens League its on Lane Road in Waterford PA. Gem City Gun Club is off Whales Road. And theres a sportsmen club in North East. Those places offer more than just handgun shooting. Bobs has a indoor gun range for handguns only not sure of the prices now a days. Theres another gun club on 28th Perry called Keystone gun club as far as I know, its handguns only. I also know they hold classes but dont have much info on them. Do a search to get further info. I may have missed a place or two. what I listed is what I know of. One place I left out was the 109 Gamelands. Trust me you want to avoid that place if you can. There is a range there but you need hunting license or use of facility license to go there. I hunt and love to do so but I avoid the 109 range like the plague.
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...