I picked up a Bushnell 4-12X40 Scope for my Marlin 925, and a 4X32 for my CX4. After mounting them I laser bore sighted at 50’, then off to the range.

At the range I sighted 3 shots at 25-yards to make sure I was on the paper, then 15 shots at 50-yards with the Marlin. I sighted the red dot on the CX4 at 25 yards off hand, and shot it at the 50 using a bipod, then got the 4X32 on the paper. Then it’s off to the 100-yard lanes.

At 100 yards I used the Score Keeper target to sight in the Marlin. I go 3 rounds in each outer target at a time, starting in the lower right and go clockwise. I usually do that 5 times each then 15 rounds in the center target. The quarter and penny are there for comparison, not to cover flyers, I left them there. Notice that the outer red centers are exactly the same size as the penny, the center is a little larger than a quarter.

The Hoppes sighting targets are 1X1 grids, the orange center is 2X2. The first target is about 60 rounds or so to tighten it up a bit. The second target has better than 100 rounds through it, I was too lazy to go change it out.

The Dirty Bird target took me 6 shots to get the CX4 on the paper, then 16 shots to it and 20 shots to the Hopps at 100-yards.