Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Reloading jacketed bullets for 45acp is stupid. Velocities shouldn't come close to lead up the barrel, so you are pissing your money away needlessly. The last time I bought 200gr LSWC's they cost me 6˘ a piece. Primers I'll price at 3.5˘ a piece and powder at about 1.5˘ a round. So, a conservative estimate for my reloading is $5.50 for a box of 50. The ppl I really for sorry for are 44mag shooters who don't reload. Before the craze prices were around 80˘ a piece retail after tax, I have no idea what they go for now.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fogelsville, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    I also started reloading my .50 for the desert eagle. when prices hit +$2 a shot, i broke down and bought the dies. every time I shot it, i thought to myself, there goes a beer. now I have it down to about .40 a round, and that was with buying some brass, so it will even get cheaper as I go.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,195
    Rep Power
    20070

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    I bought 200gr LSWC's they cost me 6˘ a piece
    Yeah....back in the day. You haven't bought any in a while....prices now are 17 to 30 cents each for 200 grain LSWCs, if you can get them at all.
    I have been casting and/or staging my own for the last few years...that really brings the cost per box down (just a primer and powder....about $2.50/50).
    Pete.
    Last edited by Pete D.; August 12th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,742
    Rep Power
    971847

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Reloading jacketed bullets for 45acp is stupid. Velocities shouldn't come close to lead up the barrel, so you are pissing your money away needlessly. The last time I bought 200gr LSWC's they cost me 6˘ a piece. Primers I'll price at 3.5˘ a piece and powder at about 1.5˘ a round. So, a conservative estimate for my reloading is $5.50 for a box of 50. The ppl I really for sorry for are 44mag shooters who don't reload. Before the craze prices were around 80˘ a piece retail after tax, I have no idea what they go for now.

    I pay .22 for a 200gr SWC and am happy for that. Where are you buying them for .06?


    Quote Originally Posted by Pa.Sniper View Post
    I also started reloading my .50 for the desert eagle. when prices hit +$2 a shot, i broke down and bought the dies. every time I shot it, i thought to myself, there goes a beer. now I have it down to about .40 a round, and that was with buying some brass, so it will even get cheaper as I go.
    I remember when the local tap room used to charge $.40 for a small draft beer. One of those places with no windows or clocks.
    My opinion plus $1 will get you a sweet tea at McDonalds

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    Yeah....back in the day. You haven't bought any in a while....prices now are 17 to 30 cents each for 200 grain LSWCs, if you can get them at all.
    Actually, I bought some earlier this year for that price. Maybe that is "back in the day" for you, but it's not long ago for me.

    Edit: after a quick search of vendors I've done business with, I found this for around 10˘ a piece delivered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I pay .22 for a 200gr SWC and am happy for that. Where are you buying them for .06?




    I remember when the local tap room used to charge $.40 for a small draft beer. One of those places with no windows or clocks.
    Clever analogy. After checking, my supplier recently bumped up his prices(as it states on the page I'm about to link) http://www.mastercastbullets.com/productpricelist.html
    for the soft-cast lead bullets he sold and I bought, but only by about 1.5˘ a piece. I tried recently to put an order in with him, but he must be swamped.
    Last edited by Sparxfly72; August 12th, 2013 at 08:37 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    20702

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanC88 View Post
    I've been taking my Kimber to the range a lot lately, and she's putting a hole in my wallet. Any good deals on target ammo?
    Try selwayarmory looks like they have about twelve boxes of Silver Bear left at $18.45 per box of 50.

    http://www.selwayarmory.com/silverbe...f50rounds.aspx
    Shooting is, as it has always been, the fabric of America!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tioga County, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    2,954
    Rep Power
    3578867

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Cabela's has Herter's Brass .45 ACP in stock right now for $22.

    It's made by Sellier and Bellot in Czech. I've had great luck with it, clean and accurate.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,195
    Rep Power
    20070

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Actually, I bought some earlier this year for that price. Maybe that is "back in the day" for you, but it's not long ago for me.

    Edit: after a quick search of vendors I've done business with, I found this for around 10˘ a piece delivered.



    Clever analogy. After checking, my supplier recently bumped up his prices(as it states on the page I'm about to link) http://www.mastercastbullets.com/productpricelist.html
    for the soft-cast lead bullets he sold and I bought, but only by about 1.5˘ a piece. I tried recently to put an order in with him, but he must be swamped.
    That surely is a good price....thanks for the link. Actually..under nine cents a bullet. ($77.14/1000 + S/H $11.30 = $88.44)
    Nice.

    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Thanks for all of the answers.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Cheap .45 ACP Target/Ball Ammo?

    Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Check out Gunbot.net

    Plenty of .45 ACP ammo available for between .40 and .50 cents a round.

    Buy in bulk quantities I say.

    If you don't mind the Russian steel cased ammo that is the cheapest.

    Cabela's right now has some decent priced ammo like PMC.

    They also have their own brand Herter's and the FMJ flavor is made by Sellier and Bellot in Czech. I had good luck with that in .45 ACP.

    AIM Surplus has good deals every day but they go fast.

    UNammo has a selection of .45 ammo in bulk that would be ideal for target shooting.

    Palmetto State Armory has steel cased Blazer for $18.99 right now.
    Thanks. I placed an ordered with one of your suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Cheap turning target set up
    By B.A. in forum Training, Tactics & Competition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 1st, 2011, 03:08 PM
  3. [Want To Buy] Cheap .45 ACP ball ammo 185 - 200 grain only
    By Tech in forum Classifieds Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 14th, 2011, 10:55 PM
  4. Cheap .40 S&W target ammunition
    By Tech in forum Ammunition & Reloading
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: April 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 20th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops