So I've looked through this site and what different places have to offer in my local area (out in Carnegie). Collier is right down the road, but I haven't heard much about it, though I know where it's located.

I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to PMSC or the CDSA.

Due to my locations and the roads I'd have to drive, and how PENNdot keeps them in their constant shape... I just couldn't justify going out to PMSC, because I know I wouldn't get there very often, for shooting or for meetings.

Questions about CDSA are a few though, since there's no site that lists anything other than what people have answered here.

Where & How do you go about joining?
I read on here you can head down to Phil's Archery in McKees Rocks and get a membership. Is that the best way, or is there something else you need to do if you'd be a brand new member?

Do you need to be part of the NRA?
Just wondering, as I haven't submitted my NRA card just yet.

Any turn around time for membership cards to start heading to their facilities?
It took me a week before I could start going to my gym, so again, just wondering.

I've seen the other information on what they offer, the range restrictions, and general stuff. Just wondering about the membership aspects, since I wasn't sure how many operate with membership meetings, more like PMSC.