Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Joining the Coraopolis DSA

So I've looked through this site and what different places have to offer in my local area (out in Carnegie). Collier is right down the road, but I haven't heard much about it, though I know where it's located.

I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to PMSC or the CDSA.

Due to my locations and the roads I'd have to drive, and how PENNdot keeps them in their constant shape... I just couldn't justify going out to PMSC, because I know I wouldn't get there very often, for shooting or for meetings.

Questions about CDSA are a few though, since there's no site that lists anything other than what people have answered here.

Where & How do you go about joining?
    I read on here you can head down to Phil's Archery in McKees Rocks and get a membership. Is that the best way, or is there something else you need to do if you'd be a brand new member?

Do you need to be part of the NRA?
    Just wondering, as I haven't submitted my NRA card just yet.

Any turn around time for membership cards to start heading to their facilities?
    It took me a week before I could start going to my gym, so again, just wondering.

I've seen the other information on what they offer, the range restrictions, and general stuff. Just wondering about the membership aspects, since I wasn't sure how many operate with membership meetings, more like PMSC.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Joining the Coraopolis DSA

Phil's would be the best way because there's not someone at the range all the time. You would fill out the app there and recieve your membership card on the spot. I don't believe you have to belong to the NRA. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think it's even on the app.
    As for Colliers, I went to check it out before joining Cory a few years ago. They wanted me to come by (gunless) a couple Sundays and meet people and gather sponsors. I just wanted a place to shoot. I passed. Though I gotta say, the clubhouse looked nice!

(Lehigh County)

After you join, you can always ask Keith to show you around or answer any questions about the place. Real nice guy, lives on the property beside the club house.

mel

(Allegheny County)

Went and talked to Phil a bit today, and signed up. He explained things to me, like using the indoor range and stuff. There apparently is a spot on the application for your NRA member #, but he said that it's a recent addition.

In order for them to receive NRA money for certaint hings, the NRA likes to have a club with at least 50% NRA members, and he said they had no idea if people were in it or not, so they added it to the application.

Nice guy, so I expect the rest of the people to be pretty nice as well.

Hope to get down to the range this weekend, and mess with my .22 a bit. Thanks for the questions answered, and hope these answered someone else's.

(Allegheny County)

Glad we could help. Welcome to the club. Hopefully we'll meet up one day.