Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCY ?

Default SCCY ?

I just discovered this company...whats the word?

http://www.sccy.com/

(Northampton County)

Default Re: SCCY ?

I did extensive testing on one of these about a year ago ran 1100 round thru it - comes with a life time warranty which is a plus. At three hundred round mine got a new barrel - empty cases were bulging -they had shipped out some pistols with defective barrels and when you called in about the problem the factory sent out a replacement barrel immediately-got mine in 4 days. Ran another 800 rounds thru it with out a single problem. Pro's on my model inexpensive, no safety double action only, 11 round capacity with one in the chamber -very thin a little over an inch thick,small could stick in your pocket , I carried it in a holster, came with 2 mags and has way better sights than a Kel-tec. Trigger is better than the Kel Tec as well. Could put all shots on a pie plate at 7 and 10 yards. Cons if it had a better trigger it would be more accurate, I don't believe these pistols would last 10,000 rounds -my opinion,but why would anyone put that many rounds thru a pistol like this anyway. Overall if you are looking for a backup carry piece it would get the job and in 9mm its got more punch than a 380. I am not sure that I would choose this or any gun its class as my primary self defense pistol. ,I would not hesitate to carry it for backup though.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Wink Re: SCCY ?

SKYY,Then SCCY,Had the opportunity to shoot a fisrt gen with saftey,Gun cosmetics were higher caliber than a Kel-Tec,nice finnish,grip and TWO Mags with gun,Had some FTFs & FTEs,not good with all varietys of ammo,you have to find the rounds that work and last but not least The saftey would engage while shooting quite often,The have a gen 2 that has models without the saftey but have not tried one,Honestly JMO The Kel-Tec is more reliable even though not a polished finnish and works,Ask George Zimmerman.

(Lehigh County)

I have one and carry it very often. I've put about 1000 rounds through it with only one issue. The safety would engage while shooting. I purchased a Manual Safety By-Pass and it hasn't given me any trouble since.

It's light, in-expensive and accurate enough. I don't have any doubts as to it's reliability in a SD situation.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Mercer County)

My buddy bought one against my advice. The gun jammed constantly and safety kept engaging under fire. It's junk. Save the extra couple hundred dollars and buy quality.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Cumberland County)

I bought one when they first came out - seemed like a good US made inexpensive 9mm. I don't carry it, but have shot a few hundred rounds through it with no issues at all. It's a bit chunky, and the first models had a horrible safety - would dig into your thumb and because it hit up against your hand/thumb - it would always engage. I dremeled mine down a bit and was better. For the price, not a bad little 9.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

I bought one when they first came out, numerous failures to extract, and the rear sight simply vanished one day at the range.

It sat in a box for 5 years until a couple months ago when I called them up and sent it in on a friday, the brand new pistol they sent me was here by wednesday . it's a whole different animal, runs 100 percent and the new frame style is far more comfortable to shoot. My only issue is that the trigger reset is a bit temperamental.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I bought one when they first came out, numerous failures to extract, and the rear sight simply vanished one day at the range.

It sat in a box for 5 years until a couple months ago when I called them up and sent it in on a friday, the brand new pistol they sent me was here by wednesday . it's a whole different animal, runs 100 percent and the new frame style is far more comfortable to shoot. My only issue is that the trigger reset is a bit temperamental.
    hmmmmm, maybe mine will "start having problems" and i'll give them a call
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    hmmmmm, maybe mine will "start having problems" and i'll give them a call
    if you own one of the old models they don't repair them anymore, so they just send you a new gun.

Be sure to tell them if you want a safety or not, and if you prefer black or stainless.

If you send one in for service dont send the mags with it, theyll give you a brand new gun with new mags. Then all you have to do is cut a notch in the old mag floorplate so itll work with the new frame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast