Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Colt Trooper Mk V

Anyone know what a Colt Trooper Mk V, blued, 8" barrel in excellent condition with original box and manuals might be? Looking on gunbroker only found 1 that sold and it sold for almost $1300 and it had the manuals and stuff, but no original box. that seems way high to me.

I bought a 4" colt trooper mk III a few years back for $425

Default Re: Colt Trooper Mk V

From what I have seen, the Mk Vs seem to go for more than the IIs. It has also been my observation that the shorter barrels seem to fetch more money than the longer barrels. I could be way off, but I would think you'd probably be somewhere in the $700-800 range for a really nice example.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87hurricane View Post
    From what I have seen, the Mk Vs seem to go for more than the IIs. It has also been my observation that the shorter barrels seem to fetch more money than the longer barrels. I could be way off, but I would think you'd probably be somewhere in the $700-800 range for a really nice example.
    I agree. I checked Bluebook and it lists top price at $550. Add around 10% premium for the box, papers, etc and the fact that many get more than book especially now and it will get you in the same range.

(Philadelphia County)

I sold a trooper mkIII in .22 mag with box and papers a few years back for around $500. I'm sure I could get quite a bit more for it these days because of the simple fact that colt will not make DA revolvers again but If you tell someone they can't get something anymore they will want it more and it becomes supply and demand.
    Unfortunately I can't help you with a market price as I've been out of collecting for a few years and the prices are now shocking to me but I can tell you this, with colt DAs you never pay too much, you pay too soon. Even if you pay a little too much by others standards it will eventually surpass that value if you keep it long enough.
    What is the caliber? I'm assuming .357 and there is certainly a limited market for an 8" blued gun that if problems were ever to come up you have an extremely limited number of colt certified gunsmiths you can trust to repair it and sending it to colt is expensive and takes quite a bit of time.
    The v frame is colts way of making an economical large frame DA with less hand fitting and more rugged than say the "python" so what I'd be willing to pay for an absolutely Prestine condition example would be in the $500-$600 range if I had the cash to burn.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Perry County)

Its .357. My dad bought one the other day and paid $700 for it.

(Lancaster County)