Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Armstrong County)

Default springfield 1911 loaded

Going to buy my first 1911. Found a Springfield loaded model px9109lp. Hope this is a good model. There are so many different makers and platforms. Any opinions would great. It only has two mags through it. Getting it for $650.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: springfield 1911 loaded

That model is my favorite. I like it better then my Colt and has been flawless since the first round. I would like to check out the Ruger 1911 though.

If you are buying it new you'll get a loaded coupon and can get mags really cheap from the factory. I've had good luck with factory SA mags.

(Armstrong County)

Thanks for the response. Makes me feel better. It's used. But, never carried and only two mags through it. I feel $650 is a really good price???

Mine is about two years old and after a brief break-in, shoots any loads with no problems. Mine likes Wilson 47D mags better than the factory ones. I also replaced the two piece guide rod that requires the wrench with a one piece Wilson rod from Brownells.
    I put on a pair of macassar ebony smooth grips from Ahrends which look beautiful.
    Great pistol. Enjoy it!

(Armstrong County)

I have been reading about the two piece guide rod. Sounds like a good idea on replacing it. Considering the factory spring will still work.

Yes, the factory spring fits fine, but I bought a Wilson end cap along with the one piece rod as they are designed to fit together.
    Then, while you're at it, can't hurt to order a couple spare recoil springs as they are only a couple dollars so no sense paying shipping on them separately later, and it's nice to put a fresh one in every couple thousand rounds.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Patitan View Post
    Thanks for the response. Makes me feel better. It's used. But, never carried and only two mags through it. I feel $650 is a really good price???
    650 is a very good price. You did good. Did you buy it from a friend? When buying used I look harder for signs of abuse or poor storage than rounds through the pipe. I love to have other people pay to break in my guns.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lehigh County)

The Springfield Loaded is a great 1911. I regret selling mine but I do have a Springfield Range Officer.