Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Is there a youth clay shooting group in or near Williamsport?

We just started this July(my son(13) and I) Clay shooting. So far we have done Sporting Clays and Skeet gonna try Trap sometime just not done it yet. What im wondering is in or near Williamsport are there any YOUTH type shoots/teams/organizations that shoot Clays?

I take him to our local range and they are great guys..but its essentially a 13 year old shooting with a bunch of 40-70 year olds...only even seen 1 kid even near his age group and that was only once.. Id like to get him shooting with a group of peers instead of a bunch of old guys lol.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Is there a youth clay shooting group in or near Williamsport?

I know North Mountain Sportmen Assoc. may have younger folks. The Sullivan County School Team use that as their home range.
    http://www.northmt.com

Keystone, below Muncy, may be another opportunity. My 14 yo shoots NRA High Power there. I do not know how active the youth participation is for the shotgun programs.

Be safe (and teach them well).

Scott

(Lycoming County)

Keystone sportsman in Muncy shows a youth trap shoot on sept. 22. I know they have open trap shoots every thursday if you just want to check the place out. I've actually been considering joining there as it is on my way to work but, it would be a little bit of a drive for me otherwise.

(Lycoming County)

Thanks guys. Like i said pur local range that im a member of is great love it(Consolidated Sportsman) but its 99.9% 40 and over on trap/skeet days...they are trying to get younger shooters in by offering it for free to under 18...but still..the few times ive done it ive seen 1 other kid probably 14 or 15 there thats it.

Would love to get him in with his own Peer group instead of a bunch of old fuddy duddies like me ...Im only 44 but I always thought it was more fun shooting with other people my own age than older or younger when i was a kid...seems no problem back in NY where im originally from my niece shoots on a school team and 4H is active with youth shooting there..just not a lot in this area...figured Williamsport being decent size would have something..nope(or no at least as far as I know).

I will check out the 2 you gave me thanks!