Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Question H&K USP 9mm or FN FNX 9mm ?

Entertaining the though of a new pistol. Was wonderig the consensus of owners of either one to give their opinion. I know they are quite similar but there is a price gap between the two. Why is the H&K $250 more than the FNX ? I'm hoping some H&K experts can give some insight. Also what is the difference in the finishes put on the two ?

(York County)

Default Re: H&K USP 9mm or FN FNX 9mm ?

I have an FNX 40 and am very happy with it. Can't help much with the HK.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by warpath9809 View Post
    Entertaining the though of a new pistol. Was wonderig the consensus of owners of either one to give their opinion. I know they are quite similar but there is a price gap between the two. Why is the H&K $250 more than the FNX ? I'm hoping some H&K experts can give some insight. Also what is the difference in the finishes put on the two ?
    Because it's stamped HK, well not exactly. HK makes a nice gun, well built and very reliable, but they are on the expensive side, partly due again to the HK stamped on the side.

Hostile Environment finish is what HK uses and I'm pretty sure it is similar to tennifer or a nitro-carbonizing of some kind so it's a pretty good finish that will hold up to abuse.

Don't know much about the FNX so I can't help ya there.

If you look around the USP 9 can be had at a decent price for a used one, I picked one up for under 500.00 a few years back.

(Cambria County)

I'd get the FNX over the USP. Now if you were thinking of a P30 I'd go with the HK. I'm simply not a fan of the ergos of the USP and the FNX is fully ambidextrous plus has the US-style mag release which is a plus if you already have other non-HK or non-Walther pistols.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by warpath9809 View Post
    Why is the H&K $250 more than the FNX ?
    Because they hate you and you supposed to know it.

Buy the FNX.
    Buy a CZ P09 instead
    Last edited by Armor Snail; August 7th, 2013 at 01:20 AM.

(York County)

I have the FNX 40 and the FNX 45, the FNX 9 is next... I love them both. I'd go with the FN.

I have two USPs and if I were to do it over again and it were to between the two you listed, it'd be the FNX...but if I were to completely do it over with any gun, it'd most certainly be a Glock
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Westmoreland County)

I'm going to be dissenting voice in this. Go with the USP. It's a better built and sturdier arm. HKs are more money due to the quality of design and workmanship. I love earlier FN stuff (Hi-powers and FALs) but the last few years they seem to have slacked off on quality of both design engineering and workmanship.

I do not have an FNX, though I will be buying one in the future, but I do have an FNS which is basically the Glock version of the FNX. Instead of an external hammer the FNS is striker fired.

I tell you what that FNS is looking to be my carry piece for a long long long time. Something spectacular will have to come out for me to replace it.

(Bucks County)

the HK is a excellent gun and you can never go wrong buying one but if money is a issue i'd save 250 and go with the FNX. i have a FNP 45 tactical and i liked it so much i sold my HK match target. the FNX or earlier FNP guns are excellent firearms, every bit as good and reliable as the HK just a few hundred cheaper. if possible try and rent both to see which one you shoot better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast