Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default "New" S&W Performance Center Model 25

I've been good about staying away from gun stores for a few months now. Anyways, today my wife and I were out shopping for some tools I need for work. She suggested that we stop into the gun store just to say hi to everyone. I said I'd rather not, you know what's going to happen if we go in there.

Well... maybe next time she'll listen to me.
    They had a Performance Center Model 25 in .45 Colt that I could not resist. Officially the gun is called the .45 Hand Ejector of 2001. I'm a sucker for non magnum N frames and the .45 Colt is my favorite non magnum cartridge. That gun was going home.

Last edited by pennlineman; August 3rd, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Wink Re: "New" S&W Performance Center Model 25

Very nice piece indeed. Let us know how it shoots.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: "New" S&W Performance Center Model 25

Nice!

I have the M1917 iteration in .45ACP.

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks guys! I did a little more research on the gun. It turns out that according to the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. The Performance center turned out only 150 of these guns in 2001. It's a more modern version or the original 1950 target model. Pretty cool.

Tony, very nice looking 1917. According to the book, only 150 of those were made in 2001. Very interesting revolvers.

A 1917 is on my list for sure. I love the .45 Cal revolvers. In addition to the one I have above. I also have a S&W 6.5" BBL 1955 Target model and a 3" 625 and a .455 that was converted to .45 ACP. I also have a Birds head grip Ruger Vaquero in .45 ACP and a Blackhawk convertible in .45 Colt/ACP.

A 4" 25 Mountain Gun and a 5" 625 would round out the collection nicely.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    I've been good about staying away from gun stores for a few months now. Anyways, today my wife and I were out shopping for some tools I need for work. She suggested that we stop into the gun store just to say hi to everyone. I said I'd rather not, you know what's going to happen if we go in there.

They had a Performance Center Model 25 in .45 Colt that I could not resist. Officially the gun is called the .45 Hand Ejector of 2001. I'm a sucker for non magnum N frames and the .45 Colt is my favorite non magnum cartridge. That gun was going home.

Man that is nice! I'm a sucker for prelock S&W. I picked up a mint condition 1966 MODEL 10-5 last week. I'm looking for a Model 60 or 36 now. Great score congrats.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by K31 View Post
    Man that is nice! I'm a sucker for prelock S&W. I picked up a mint condition 1966 MODEL 10-5 last week. I'm looking for a Model 60 or 36 now. Great score congrats.

Thanks! Congrats on the new model 10. Next to the model 15 it is probably my favorite K frame. I have a few J frames, but in all honesty I prefer K and N frames for shooting and collecting. I do have a 640-1 that gets some carry time in the summer months.

The plain truth is S&W made a lot of great revolvers over the years. I find it an enjoyable pastime collecting and shooting them.

(Clearfield County)

Very nice! I passed on one about 6 months ago that was nice but not mint. I am second guessing myself a little now.

(Delaware County)

Thanks! Congrats on the new model 10. Next to the model 15 it is probably my favorite K frame. I have a few J frames, but in all honesty I prefer K and N frames for shooting and collecting. I do have a 640-1 that gets some carry time in the summer months.

The plain truth is S&W made a lot of great revolvers over the years. I find it an enjoyable pastime collecting and shooting them.
    Thanks. The K frame is also my fav! Here is the new Model 10 looks like it just left the factory! Damn nice fore 1966 vintage, I'm very happy with it!

As you can see from the pic i also like the N frame...

(Montgomery County)

625 approves of this purchase.

Can't get much better than a pre-lock N frame. I'm digging the retro double diamond grips. If that's half as accurate as my 625, you have a winner.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by K31 View Post
    Thanks. The K frame is also my fav! Here is the new Model 10 looks like it just left the factory! Damn nice fore 1966 vintage, I'm very happy with it!

As you can see from the pic i also like the N frame...
    Very nice collection you have there!

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    625 approves of this purchase.

Can't get much better than a pre-lock N frame. I'm digging the retro double diamond grips. If that's half as accurate as my 625, you have a winner.
    Thanks! I've been on a .45 Cal kick for the past year or so.

In addition to the new purchase I have A Pre model 25, 625 and a .455 converted to .45 ACP. I also have a Ruger Vaquero in .45 ACP, a Blackhawk Convertible in .45 ACP/Colt. Plus three Super Redhawks in .454 Casull.

For additional N frames I have a Pre 27, 27, two 28's and a 29.

Last edited by pennlineman; August 10th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast