Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Saiga 20 for skeet?

I plan to join delco field and stream's outdoor range soon and I really enjoy shooting skeet. A gentleman I met with yesterday let me use his SXS which worked well but the only shotgun I own is a saiga 20 with an 18" barrel. Would this be sufficient until I can get an OU or SXS?
    It is set up with a collapsible stock, muzzle brake and 10 round mag/5 rd mag.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Saiga 20 for skeet?

I've shot trap which is slower then skeet with my 12ga saiga more fun then anything else.I would think for skeet it would be can of useless skeet are fast.you would better off to look around for a used shotgun that would be better for what you want to do.not saying it can't be done but you are really handicaping yourself with a saiga for skeet.

(Luzerne County)

I say if you got it use it. if you enjoy the sport you can always step up to another shotgun.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lawrence County)

It's not going to be the easiest gun to shoot skeet with, but it can be done.

Skeet's cheap. Go try it.

Lycannoharmdonethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Philadelphia County)

Honestly I was thinking that I might look like a goof using it but ill give it a try and see how it goes until I can get a more traditional gun

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    Honestly I was thinking that I might look like a goof using it but ill give it a try and see how it goes until I can get a more traditional gun
    It's amazing how quickly ridicule turns to respect when you're good at what you do. Let them laugh at how you look, as long as they cry at your performance.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    It's amazing how quickly ridicule turns to respect when you're good at what you do. Let them laugh at how you look, as long as they cry at your performance.
    Hey buddy, I've met you before and shot with you before, there are people like us who are just out for fun but I know there are people who think tradition is the only way to do things.
    I know my gun isn't optimal for the task but I generally do with what I have

Hey buddy, I've met you before and shot with you before, there are people like us who are just out for fun but I know there are people who think tradition is the only way to do things.
    I know my gun isn't optimal for the task but I generally do with what I have
    I remember! There were, what, five of us there? I shot clays with my S20. It's ok for the task. The problem I ran into is that the stock sights aren't terribly useful for this kind of thing. Maybe the Krebs sights or some other ghost ring setup would be helpful.

... and believe me, I was just doing it for fun. Had I been doing it for fame and fortune, I would've left broke and infamous!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    I remember! There were, what, five of us there? I shot clays with my S20. It's ok for the task. The problem I ran into is that the stock sights aren't terribly useful for this kind of thing. Maybe the Krebs sights or some other ghost ring setup would be helpful.

... and believe me, I was just doing it for fun. Had I been doing it for fame and fortune, I would've left broke and infamous!
    Yea, we met at holmesburg. At that time you just got th S12 and you were talking about the mods and using it for skeet

Yea, we met at holmesburg. At that time you just got th S12 and you were talking about the mods and using it for skeet
    Well, I got all the mods done. It was fully converted by a gunsmith, then I added another few parts myself (tromix brake and the MDArms 5-position gas selector).

I finally used it for clays about a year ago, which is how I discovered the sights are ... less than ideal in their stock configuration. It's still a hell of alot of fun to shoot, but if I'm going to do more clay shooting with it, it'll need new sights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast