Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Another first timer...

Hey guys, I thought it was about time that I followed up on my Maine OC experience.

I have been carrying whenever I go out (not work or church), but pretty much everywhere else. Basically... it's pretty dull. Almost no one notices, and those that do don't seem to care.

The one time I thought was going to be an encounter was at Home Depot. I walked in with my wife around 8pm, the store was quiet, a few employees were near the front door. As I walked by, strong side to them, one of the guys started staring at my hip, but didn't say anything. 2 minutes later he walked by us in the aisle, then came back toward us...

We ended up talking about sanders, he kept glancing at my hip, but never brought it up, I didn't either. That was it.

Alright, until next time! Hopefully, I'll still have nothing to report.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
    Craig-- I'd love to see all the liberals "packing" too.... then the .gov wouldn't know who to pick on!
    I see what you did there.

Here is a group you might be interested in

http://www.pinkpistols.org/

Homosexual Carry advocacy group

I don't support their lifestyle. But I do support their politics. Here is some of their Statement on S. 374.

Upon reading certain key phrases in the Senate’s bill S. 374, entitled in short the ‘‘Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013’’, Pink Pistols National finds that this bill would function to deny members of the sexual-minority community their natural right to keep and bear arms in an unjust and unconstitutional fashion. “The United States Government,” says First Speaker Gwendolyn S. Patton, “continues to deny married members of the GLBT community via the Defense of Marriage Act. Regardless of the fact that President Obama has instructed the Justice Department not to enforce DOMA directly, indirectly, this law will prevent GLBT persons from protections enjoyed by Federally-recognized spouses.”

In S.374, certain language would treat the absence of a gun-owning gay or lesbian person’s partner for a period greater than seven days as a transfer of firearms left behind in the home. As this “transfer” is not done by a Federal Firearms Licensee with a proper background check, it would be considered to be an unlawful transfer, converting the law-abiding gay persons into instant felons. Spouses, however, are exempt from this automatic felony, since one spouse can lend or give a firearm to another without a background check. But under DOMA, the Federal government does not recognize GLBT persons legally married under State laws as spouses, therefore would still be considered illegal transferees under S.374.

The Pink Pistols filed an amicus brief in the SCOTUS case of DC v. Heller back in 2008.

.... But neither is this background-check law a good idea. It is little more than a scheme to convert law-abiding citizens into criminals for the purpose of confiscating their guns and destroying their rights. S.374 should be defeated soundly for the tyranny it represents.”

Pink Pistols National condemns S.374 and urges all persons of conscience to contact their Senators and discuss this important issue. We ask our members to act as their consciences dictate with regard to speaking with those who represent them in the Federal government.

The Pink Pistols is the largest organization in the world dedicated to the idea of lawful, armed self-defense of the sexual minority community.

Pink Pistols National
    Gwendolyn S. Patton, First Speaker
    firstspeaker@pinkpistols.org
    http://pinkpistols.org

-30-
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Tioga County)

Watch out for the moose in the woods. They will do a lot more damage to your car than a whitetail.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    Watch out for the moose in the woods. They will do a lot more damage to your car than a whitetail.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12