Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Default Superior Gunsmithing - Robesonia - Highly Recommended

Does a great job 6 hole porting on Glocks and other pistols.
    Has good prices on Guns for sale and Gunsmithing.
    Ask for J. C.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Superior Gunsmithing - Robesonia - Highly Recommended

I had work done on two shotgun barrels. I dropped them off toward the end of the week. Gunsmith said they should be done the following week. No call, so I wait another week. In week 3 I call and he says they will be done tomorrow and he will call me. No call, so another week goes by. Now, week 4, I call and he again says they will be done tomorrow and I can come pick them up. I said just call me when they are actually finished. Next day I get a call saying they are done. I picked up with no issues and was charged the quoted price. Neutral first encounter and I would probably go back.

(Berks County)

Been dealing with JC for the past few months now, mostly on basic stuff that I wasn't confident enough to tackle myself. He did a DAO to DA/SA conversion on my P229. That was great. He was finished with it in less than a week, over the Christmas holidays.

Upon picking up my Sig, I left him my Springfield XDM to install a set of TruGlo sites. Almost a month and a half later, it still isn't done. Now I know doing sights on the XDs can be a bit of a bitch, but not that long. I have been trying to contact him over the past two weeks to get an update (last one was 3 weeks ago, when he said that he was waiting for a new sight pusher from Brownells) and the only response I got from him was when I asked for prices for two hand guns.

I like JC, and understand if he is busy, but I would like an update on what should have been a relatively quick job. This may be the last time I have any work done by him. I will use him to buy firearms, since he does get great prices, but the time he takes to get stuff done is a little excessive.

All that being said, if you can wait, his work is top notch.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86 View Post
    I had work done on two shotgun barrels. I dropped them off toward the end of the week. Gunsmith said they should be done the following week. No call, so I wait another week. In week 3 I call and he says they will be done tomorrow and he will call me. No call, so another week goes by. Now, week 4, I call and he again says they will be done tomorrow and I can come pick them up. I said just call me when they are actually finished. Next day I get a call saying they are done. I picked up with no issues and was charged the quoted price. Neutral first encounter and I would probably go back.
    I can understand your frustration on slower turnover time regarding gunsmith work. If the gentleman you went to is truly a competent full service smith, he will no doubt be working on several guns at the same time for he is a rare breed. After many years of dealing with gun work via gunsmiths, I can tell you when such craftsmen tell you that will get right on it and it will be done in a certain amount of time......don't believe them. They tell all their customers the same thing. When my smith tells me about would be turnover time, it borders on being a standing joke. But your right, you will probably go back because there is not too many other games in town.

(Lawrence County)

I am finding out that he is not really concerned about getting new business. This is a part time job for him and he doesn't call you back when you leave a message for him. Or is not in any hurry to get anything done.
    He might get back to you a few days later, but no guarantees on that.
    Nice guy to talk to, or buy a gun from, but I'm not going to give him any more projects.

(Lawrence County)

Well I'm Unimpressed with timing and communication as well as pricing for projects.
    Lost my confidence and my business !

First go around went well, but that was the only one.
    My Bad - Sorry I recommended !

Over the last 7 years CJ has modified or repaired (4) different firearms. Each was well done and appropriate time expended on each.
    I am a satisfied customer.