Hello All,
I have been reading the open carry posts everyday at work for awhile but just signed up as a member. I got my ltcf months ago but found out a day before I got it about this wonderful thing called open carry. I had never heard about it or knew what it was. I read everything I could about it to understand it. The more I read the more I wanted to do it. So I find myself finding more and more finding excuses to open carry. I now open carry almost everyday when I get home from work. Going to the store, going out for food, ect. Last night I went out for a drink with my brother. We went to Bill Batemans in Shrewsbury. I was open carrying my Beretta px4storm. Nothing was said except a few weird looks which in the past few months I have gotten used to. Toward the end of our evening one of the guys who was working approached me from behind the bar which I was sitting at and this is the conversation that ensued.

Him: If your going to keep drinking here I need you to take that out to your car.
Me: I didnt see any signs on the door saying no guns
Him: Its the owners policy
Me: I would like a corporate number
Him: This is a franchise and the owner doesnt allow guns here.
Me. I can conceal it if that will help.
Him: Your going to have to take it outside.

Now I had a decision to make. 1. Run the gun out to my brothers car and just finish my beer or 2. Make a scene and get the cops called. I went with option one. I took the gun outside and put it in the car and went back in to finish my beer. While I was finishing my beer the guy beside me started talking to me and said that I should cover up inside a bar. i asked why? its my right to open carry. He responded with they are liberal here and dont like guns. I talked to this guy for awhile. He was very nice and is a gunowner too. After all this my brother and I left. I wasnt very happy with batemans. Sorry for the long thread but its my first one and I had two encounters in one night in the same place. Is there anything I could have done differently with the guy behind the bar? Thanks for reading. This was written to the best of my recollection.