Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: OCing at Bill Batemans Bad Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    You can not get drinks if noticeably intoxicated.
    That is the most ridiculous thing that has been posted on this forum today. Congratulations!

(BTW- you also can't rob somebody. Or get a gun if you are prohibited)

I, like any responsible adult do not get publicly drunk.
    There is a possibility of confrontation anytime you leave your house.
    So it's the same at Church as it is at a bar in North Camden?

I've never found it to be an issue; maybe because I don't go to shitty bars. But robberies happen everywhere. So does fights, drus, or just plan nutters.
    Why would staying away from shitty bars make a difference? There is a possibility of confrontation anytime you leave your house. Robberies happen everywhere. So does fights, drus, or just plan nutters.

(Perry County)

You can not get drinks if noticeably intoxicated. I, like any responsible adult do not get publicly drunk.
    There is a possibility of confrontation anytime you leave your house. I've never found it to be an issue; maybe because I don't go to shitty bars. But robberies happen everywhere. So does fights, drus, or just plan nutters.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't carry in bars. What I said was it's a better idea to conceal in a bar where alcohol makes people stupid and/or aggressive. It's also a good idea not to carry if you WILL be getting intoxicated. Any action taken while in such a state will be hyper-scrutinized and has a better chance of being deemed not reasonable due to that impaired state.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lehigh County)

To the OP: remember private property rights trump your second amendment rights. Ask if you could talk to the guys boss..maybe his opinion would be more in your favor. Ask for a phone number, email or mailing address to contact his boss if he's not immediately available. Ask if he expects you to pay your tab, and if he does, whether he'd mind if you finish your beverage/meal and then leave.

To the people commenting about not drinking while carrying:

Someone made this comment in a previous thread...
    I've heard many replies about drinking and carrying, and it always strikes me funny how so many guys "always carry" and "never drink while carrying". So which is it? If they are to be believed, either they never drink or they don't always carry. Can't be both, right?
    And here's my take:

If you're not responsible enough to drink and carry, don't drink and carry.

If you're worried about some drunk trying to snatch your gun, get a better holster and/or some retention training.

If a gun is your only means of self defense, consider adding something non/less lethal to your EDC (every day carry).

(Erie County)

Just never thought drinking and carrying, whether OC or CC, was a good idea.

Call me a prude, FWIW.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    It sure as hell has prevented assaults. I have read many stories on this forum about just that.

But I'm really confused that you don't feel safer wearing a seatbelt. The seatbelt might* not prevent an accident, but if one happens you are certainly safer.
    People have lived their entire lives without a traffic accident or being assaulted. Were they safe or just lucky.

I was in an accident that should have claimed my life and was also robbed at gunpoint. I was lucky, and being safe had nothing to do with it.

A gun is not a talisman, it won't stop a determined assault, and if you are lucky, along with being just as determined, you might survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You can not get drinks if noticeably intoxicated.
    That is the most ridiculous thing that has been posted on this forum today. Congratulations!
    Not so ridiculous if the bartender/server is doing their job. I've seen signage to this effect, if one is visibly intoxicated, they will not be served.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Juniata County)

Thank you to Gun for his supporting comments. No place in PA may sell EtOH to the public if they are visibly intoxicated. Not a State store, not a bar, not a winery. You'll notice try all have a sign that says that.

If your drinking at a place that is, call the State Liquor board. People who willfully enable the irresponsible not only endanger the public, but the rights of others.

As to everyone who reminded the OP about property rights.

He did not violate any rights - he simply requested verification from manager or owner. He did not make a scene & respected the property owner's rights. Why does anyone think he needs corrected?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lehigh County)

As to everyone who reminded the OP about property rights.

He did not violate any rights - he simply requested verification from manager or owner. He did not make a scene & respected the property owner's rights. Why does anyone think he needs corrected?
    Quote Originally Posted by RainingLead View Post
    Now I had a decision to make. 1. Run the gun out to my brothers car and just finish my beer or 2. Make a scene and get the cops called.
    Of all of the possibilities for his decision, #2 should never be considered. This isn't a public sidewalk or a park and I personally only mentioned private property rights to give him some feedback on his process.

(Lancaster County)

Splitting hairs is all the rage this year !

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    To the OP: remember private property rights trump your second amendment rights. Ask if you could talk to the guys boss..maybe his opinion would be more in your favor. Ask for a phone number, email or mailing address to contact his boss if he's not immediately available. Ask if he expects you to pay your tab, and if he does, whether he'd mind if you finish your beverage/meal and then leave.

To the people commenting about not drinking while carrying:

Someone made this comment in a previous thread...

And here's my take:

If you're not responsible enough to drink and carry, don't drink and carry.

If you're worried about some drunk trying to snatch your gun, get a better holster and/or some retention training.

If a gun is your only means of self defense, consider adding something non/less lethal to your EDC (every day carry).

Personally I'm not worried about some drunk asshole trying to take my gun. I'm more worried about that drunk asshole trying to show his drunk buddies that he can take on the guy with a gun. I think that's the point that a lot of people here are trying to make

We all know that booze can make mere mortals into gods

A bar is one place that I would not OC yes its my right to OC in a bar as long as the owner doesn't care but its also my responsibility to be smart about it and just CC in the bar

(York County)

Are there any bars in York County? I don't believe I've ever seen one, just restaurants that also serve beer. Bill Bateman's is like Appleby's, or Fox & Hound to name just 2, and we have had very large and very successful OC events at both in the past couple years.

If an establishment is the kind of place where retards would try something to the guy with the gun, drunk or sober, OC or CC or No C, you wouldn't catch me within a mile of the place under any circumstances. Why would anyone even think of it?

Just like any other place and any other time, I OC everywhere I go. If my OC isn't welcome I don't go, or if it becomes an issue I'll leave and not come back. In my opinion we are just as likely to run into these kinds of assholes at Walmart as we are in a bar.

In my youth I was acquainted with the types of places where trouble really is more likely, and you couldn't pay me to go near one then, certainly not now.

:Shrug:
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast