I have for sale a 1981 CB650 Custom. I picked it up last summer as a winter project, and have gotten it running and ready to tune and ride. despite the time I have invested in it.. I don't like riding it. Just not my cup of tea. So, I'm selling it to fund something sportier, and will have to do with my other little bike until that happens.

So far I have

-Rebuilt the starter clutch (these things will go bad after so long)

-fixed some stripped out rocker body screws

-Put on new plugs and wires

-checked out all electrical connections

-re-hosed the carb and fuel system

-replaced the hard to find vent "T"s with a more solid (and well working) solution

-wrapped the down pipes

-replaced the glass in the speedometer

-replaced valve gaskets and oil pan gaskets, as well as cleaned out the sludge in the side cases and pan

-flushed the brakes

-replaced the fork seals

-installed new clutch cable

Bike is decent condition. It starts, runs, no smoke, but needs a tune to be a daily driver. Paint is rough, it is an iridescent (chameleon) purple / green, and has seen to much banging around a garage at some point. A good fine wet sand might do it a world of good and last a year or so. Has a king & queen seat, don't know if that was stock, but its comfortable. It has engine guards, with highway pegs. Just under 16K on the odo, and I have only put 40 on for testing. Tires should get another season, brakes stop good. Should pass inspection, but you may want to replace the mirrors, they work, but don't match.

I also have a clymer book, most of a gasket set (what isn't there is new on the bike) and a spare working starter motor.

This thing would be great for a daily rider, just doesnt fit my odd proportions right (and I cant get used to the whole cruiser feel).

Pictures can bee seen below, or here - http://www.paintballcity.org/bryan/CB650/sale/

Bike is in Finleyville, outside of South Park, and can be seen in the evening. It has always been covered while in my care, and is currently on a covered porch with a bike cover over it on a maintenance charger. Email me and we can set something up.

Thanks for looking!