Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any Good shops in the area?

New to the area, wondered out today and hit up a few shops that are close to me.

New Dunkleburgers on 209, nice place, nice people horrible prices on everything, $999.99 for a Mak-90, they need to check gubroker cause prices have come down considerably. Box of blazer steel cased 9mm $23.00.

The Armory: Guy was nice enough but everything in there is black plastic and still has panic price tags on it. Used selection was almost none and what they did have used was priced about 10% below what it would cost new.

Weavers on 715 off 209, In and out of there within 2 minutes, door was opened no one on the floor and all of 10 pistols in the cast and 1 or 2 long guns on the wall. Prices there too were high, guess the locals have not caught up with the internet yet.

Any suggestion on a local shop where I can get a fair deal and that has a good selection of used or milsurplus firearms? Ohh and who has the best deals on FFL transfers around?

Thanks
    Hodgie

(Monroe County)

Thumbs up Re: Any Good shops in the area?

Meyers gun shop in Bath is cool they have lots in stock but not much used. Good prices but cash only. My father in law goes there a lot. Call before going because the hours have changed. Weaver's is a joke, he actually accused my buddy of "spying" for another gun shop and threw him out. What an ass.
    Last edited by TDIfan; July 28th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Smile Re: Any Good shops in the area?

Boyers is in your neck of the woods,slatington pa. fair deals good service,ask about the back room ! MDT

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Any Good shops in the area?

Take a drive to Pittston and visit Advanced Arms. It's worth the trip/gas money. Chris and Mary are top notch people. They never raised their prices to panic levels. They've dealt with the supply issue (as did every place else). If they don't have the firearm you want, they can probably get it for you at a great price.

(Monroe County)

travel to LV if you want sarco and heritage are right off 78. army navy in whitehall of course but they have high prices.

In our little neck of the woods....not much. I got a new kel tec pf9 from new dunkelbergers for 265 plus tax and pics. Also have a kimber custom II for 900, about 50 over buds but after transfer only 25 to 30 so not terrible.

Honestly I have not seen good ammo prices local in a while, I would go online. If your just looking for a certain gun go fondle it at dunkelbergers or cabelas or heritage. then order online and save.

My thought, I'll spend a little more if it means I can keep a local in business.

PS Im pretty sure weavers is done now there down to 3 days a week and the owner isn't exatcly customer friendly.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by telopyros View Post
    PS I'm pretty sure weavers is done now there down to 3 days a week and the owner isn't exactly customer friendly.
    The owner of Weavers has been trying to sell that place for at least five years and has pretty much stopped stocking guns.

Quote Originally Posted by telopyros View Post
    travel to LV if you want sarco and heritage are right off 78. army navy in whitehall of course but they have high prices.

In our little neck of the woods....not much. I got a new kel tec pf9 from new dunkelbergers for 265 plus tax and pics. Also have a kimber custom II for 900, about 50 over buds but after transfer only 25 to 30 so not terrible.

Honestly I have not seen good ammo prices local in a while, I would go online. If your just looking for a certain gun go fondle it at dunkelbergers or cabelas or heritage. then order online and save.

My thought, I'll spend a little more if it means I can keep a local in business.

PS Im pretty sure weavers is done now there down to 3 days a week and the owner isn't exatcly customer friendly.

I have been in the new store 3 times since it opened and have Gotten subpar service. The young sales guys there act like they Can careless. They hand you a pistol and walk away, I asked 2 questions about The S&W M&P22 and no one could answer it for me? zero sales and people skills. Yesterday afternoon I asked for a G19 they said go to the other store They may have one. Well gee does your phone work? Why shoulda drive To get it when I'm sure they can send it down. The sales guys in the Old store are way better but over all their prices suck. They have used Guns for more then they retail at new in the New shop. Ohh I asked about transfer fees And they charge $100.00 per transfer. That's one local business that won't Be getting my funds. I realize they are trying to make a buck but its all about return business earn my $ once with fair Prices and good customer service and you will get it again.

Thanks guys for all the info, I will be checking them
    Out one by one.
    Last edited by Hodgie; August 1st, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Ohh I asked about transfer fees
    And they charge $100.00 per transfer.
    WHAT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    WHAT??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I s--t you not, I looked at the guy and said WOW!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I s--t you not, I looked at the guy and said WOW!
    That's completely insane! Well I guess Bloomberg has to filter funding from somewhere!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast