Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Any Good shops in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    . Prices there too were high, guess the locals have not caught up with the internet yet.
    That statement won't win you any friends in Pa. Weaver's is now owned by transplants. Gun shops are in the Lehigh Valley.

Easton Firearms Refinsihing
    Easton

American Sport Shooting
    Easton

Jake's
    Nazareth

The Heritage Guild of Easton LLC
    Easton

SARCO
    Easton

Johns's
    Easton

C&D Guns and Coins
    Bethlehen

Precision Armaments
    Slatington

Boyers Hardware
    Slatington

Felker Firearms
    Stockertown

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    That statement won't win you any friends in Pa. Weaver's is now owned by transplants. Gun shops are in the Lehigh Valley.

Easton Firearms Refinsihing
    Easton

American Sport Shooting
    Easton

Jake's
    Nazareth

The Heritage Guild of Easton LLC
    Easton

SARCO
    Easton

Johns's
    Easton

C&D Guns and Coins
    Bethlehen

Precision Armaments
    Slatington

Boyers Hardware
    Slatington

Felker Firearms
    Stockertown

Thanks for all the information.
    My statement wasnt directed towards the general population but towards the vendors or shops like Dukleburgers. But like my neighbor said Dunkleburgers doesn't cater to the locals they cater to the transplants or city types. No disrespect meant towards the local folks, that is who I am looking to do business with the small shops. I was rather disappointed with what I found on my own and was hoping to get the information that was supplied to me in this thread.

I apologize if I came off the wrong way, no offense was meant. I love where I live and I have had nothing but excellent dealings with everyone I have come across in my town.
    Last edited by Hodgie; August 1st, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

(Monroe County)

wow 100$ I would have called hem out on that! Alot of new people working there for sure with a lack of knowledge.

I am however the type of person that if i'm buying a gun ive done as much research on it as possible, so only question i ask are generic like " is this the only color or do you have it in a wood stock.

I can feel your pain though, My customer service was fine I am not picky though. I work in the food industry and have come to the point where my expectations are low and high tolerance for newbs.

Best place i got service was heritage...there prices are not low. But the guy was full of knowledge about the benelli I bought. maybe he just likes benelli so he was ready to puke info everywhere...idk?

and lastly last time I was at ASS(new location) had 3 maybe 4 guns and when we walked in got a look like, what the hell do you want. it was not rich some other gun.

(Monroe County)

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask dunkelbergers about transfer fee, I am curious about what they say....just to clarify the was P 2 P transfer or a online store ffl 2 person transfer?

I know alot of shops put a high number on that so you buy from them instead of buds o r gunbroker or whatever.

I am however the type of person that if i'm buying a gun ive done as much research on it as possible, so only question i ask are generic like " is this the only color or do you have it in a wood stock.
    I am the same way, I typically only buy C&R rifles mostly Swede Mauser's, and more rare pistols for collecting. These will be the 1st 2 modern pistols that I have purchased in years. I went in for the G19 which I know much about and the S&W caught my eye on the way out which I did not even knew existed.

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask dunkelbergers about transfer fee, I am curious about what they say....just to clarify the was P 2 P transfer or a online store ffl 2 person transfer?
    I was inquiring about having a pistol shipped to them from another vendor, he did not specify the price being different from person to person. I see why vendors jack up their transfer fee's so you will by from them but then they need to have competitive prices in order to make the sale. Personally what they are really saying is we dont want to make $30.00 bucks for 5 minutes of work.

(Monroe County)

Personally what they are really saying is we dont want to make $30.00 bucks for 5 minutes of work.
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Tioga County)

I was inquiring about having a pistol shipped to them from another vendor, he did not specify the price being different from person to person. I see why vendors jack up their transfer fee's so you will by from them but then they need to have competitive prices in order to make the sale. Personally what they are really saying is we dont want to make $30.00 bucks for 5 minutes of work.
    A lot of people are not all that bright or understand business which is why so many of them fail.

The markup on Glocks for instance is small. I used to know the numbers, but I can't remember them at the moment. In any case, I think they might clear $50-$75 in gross profit, if that. They have the carrying cost of that inventory as well.

With a transfer, they get a box dumped on their storefront by UPS, they process it, you fill out your 4473, get a pics check and job done. $30 in the till.

Any smart gun store will do several things.

1. Offer a mix of services and goods to try to meet the needs of it's customers.
    2. Having goods on hand is great for impulse buyers and others, but if they don't have what you want, either offer to order it for them or the customer can order it and have the transfer done. Money in the till either way.

Customer service is the name of the game.

(Monroe County)

American Sport Shooting in Nazareth has a decent holster selection and usually where I do my transfers. Good people there too.

(Monroe County)

So I just called;

Me: I have a question about firearm transfers

Nice lady: Let me transfer you to the gun counter

Gun Counter Employee: how may I help you today

Me: I would like to inquire about and ffl to ffl transfer for an online purchase and a person to person transfer fee?

GCE: let me put you on hold for a second

( about one minute goes by, crappy music plays)

GCE: Sir are both residents in PA

Me: yes

GCE: It is 30$ is the amount then

Me: and online transfer

GCE: also 30$ sir

Me: Can you verify, I had heard otherwise?

GCE: I have manager with me sir, he assures me its 30$

Soo.....IDK

That was at the new shop?

I swear on my kids that the guy I spoke with, skinny guy, blind hair med height
    late 20's seems to be there every single day and has 0 personality looked me right in the eye and said $100.00 for transfers.

I ended up going to Boyers on Saturday, loved the shop great people and found what I was looking for for a good price. He also ordered me a 2nd pistol at $35.00 cheaper then they have it at the new DB.

Thanks again
    Hodgie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast