Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: McCain Joins Obama to Change Stand Your Ground

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    Republicans (especially McCain) are not on the American citizens side any more than the Democrats are. This notion that one party is good and they other party is out to destroy America is the reason we are in this mess.
    One side is ABSOLUTELY not on Americas side. The other is weak.

In fact one side is ACTIVELY attacking America. Undeniable and on EVERY issue
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I respect McCain for his military service, and what he went through, however, I think he is a horrible Republican. A true RINO, like Toomey. I've had enough of them.

McCain/Feingold was a tragedy. Often politicians will say stuff just to appease people, but then vote properly. McCain not only says stupid stuff, he DOES stupid stuff, and it hurts us.
    Military service not withstanding, he is tired, his rhetoric is worn out, his very demeanor has become wretched. He is probably serving out his last term in the senate, hopefully he retires as opposed to getting defeated during the defense of his senate seat, that is, getting defeated by a primary challenger.
    By the way, stand your ground will still be the law long after this RINO disgrace is living out his years in private life.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    If that goofy old idjit gets his way - we WILL be in another war in the middle east as well.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing that he lost to Obummer after all.
    I think it's a good thing. R and D sheeple are almost the same - they will not question their dear leader, because they feel like he knows best. So at least now most R will remain in opposition to the existing regime.
    Je suis déplorable

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    One side is ABSOLUTELY not on Americas side. The other is weak.

In fact one side is ACTIVELY attacking America. Undeniable and on EVERY issue
    The problem that troubles me is why is the weak side content to be weak--possibly being so as to be complicit in the goals of the other without appearing as such. Sadly I'm not wealthy enough to be able to hold much sway in demanding that the R party be actually effective and accountable towards reversing the current problem, whereas those who can give them $10K-100K+ a pop are apparently just fine with things the way they are or they'd demand better. I know I for one wouldn't shell out that kind of money to get the likes of McCain or Romney to win, let alone lose to someone worse. It's really disturbing to know that there are people who actually want them in power. It becomes clearer that perhaps we live in an oligarchy, but we don't even fully know who the oligarchs really are or understand them.

Further disturbing to read this morning that apparently Karl Rove actually supports Obamacare or at very least is campaigning against its defunding. Again, this is supposed to be the opposition to the incumbent? Again, who are the powers that be who enable these clowns? Why are the people who are supposed to be on our side really not?
    Last edited by Yellowfin; July 26th, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    The problem that troubles me is why is the weak side content to be weak--possibly being so as to be complicit in the goals of the other without appearing as such. Sadly I'm not wealthy enough to be able to hold much sway in demanding that the R party be actually effective and accountable towards reversing the current problem, whereas those who can give them $10K-100K+ a pop are apparently just fine with things the way they are or they'd demand better. I know I for one wouldn't shell out that kind of money to get the likes of McCain or Romney to win, let alone lose to someone worse. It's really disturbing to read this morning that apparently Karl Rove actually supports Obamacare or at very least is campaigning against its defunding.
    karl rove is a loser. mccain is another loser.

The republican strategy of trying to be everyone's buddy and being popular in the media by agreeing to all these statist things is going to relegate the republicans to Whig Party status.

I believe if the republicans want to win the next presidential candidate needs to go full bore into all the democratic strongholds like Philly and start explaining some good ole conservative principles. Time to take the battle to their territory.

I can say if I ever run for public office, especially governor, I'll be going right into the most hostile places to explain my ideas.

(Bucks County)

One of my favorite McCain articles.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/fam...into-sy,32601/

WASHINGTON—Members of Sen. John McCain’s family expressed deep concern Tuesday after receiving word that the aging legislator had wandered off into Syria. “Unfortunately, this has been happening a lot lately; he’ll walk out of the Capitol building, get disoriented, and then we get a call late at night saying that John is in Syria,” McCain’s wife Cindy said upon learning that her 76-year-old husband turned up in the war-torn country after ambling across the Turkey-Syria border and delivering a rambling, incoherent speech to a group of rebels. “Then one of us has to go to Syria, pick him up, and bring him back to Washington. We’re going to have to sit down soon and decide what to do about this before he seriously hurts himself.” McCain’s wife added that her husband’s recent trip to Syria was the most alarming episode for her family since the elderly Arizona senator got into his car, started driving, and ended up lost in the 2008 presidential election
    Last edited by G19; July 26th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

I compare the Republican/Democrat battle to professional wrestling. As long as they can make the illusion seem convincing, they will still be valuable entertainment for the sheeple.

They want to change the law from Stand Your Ground to Grab Your Ankles.

(Chester County)

I have asked numerous people what is it about STG laws that they do not like. I have yet to get an articulate and well thought out response. I usually get the same old rhetoric and spew that comes from some progressive personality. Why should I have to prove that I tried to retreat before using force? I am supposed to jeopardize my life or the life of a loved one for some punk that doesn't respect anybody else's life? It is quite simple. If you do not want to get hurt or possibly die, then do not put other people's lives in jeopardy. How much clearer could that be?

As far as McCain goes, he is just as dangerous as the rest that we complain about all the time.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

I never voted for the Republican 'vacillator'. What a shame. Everyone that says they are against standing your ground should have to try to flee from a bad guy just once.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast