Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Will be OCing in Norfolk, VA this weekend (25th-29th)

I Will driving down and visiting a friend who lives in Norfolk,VA. She's a Naval Officer that lives off base. I have already reviewed the firearms law and know they are OC friendly. I will post any encounters that occur on this thread.
    One question, I guess because OCing without a permit is not legal in Dover, DE I will have to pull over before I pass through Dover, secure it in the trunk ( mag not in the same locked container) and then re arm when im through Dover?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Will be OCing in Norfolk, VA this weekend (25th-29th)

Or simply not break any traffic laws and get through Dover without getting pulled over....

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kchristy View Post
    Or simply not break any traffic laws and get through Dover without getting pulled over....
    This sounds like you are trying to tell him how do something illeagl by circumventing the law.
    IANAL

(Northampton County)

You could get off Rte 1 before Dover and head east to Rte 9. Which ends right past the base. I'm not 100% sure it will keep you out of the city limits though.

The bigger issue though is there's a bit of MD to get through still after DE.
    Drive safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    You could get off Rte 1 before Dover and head east to Rte 9. Which ends right past the base. I'm not 100% sure it will keep you out of the city limits though.

The bigger issue though is there's a bit of MD to get through still after DE.
    Drive safe.

Yea i pulled over at a rite aid before i getting to Dover and i secured the firearm and magazines in the trunk. I kept them there until i got through MD and i re armed at the Virginia Welcome Center.

SO i accidentally tapped the person bumper in front of me at a toll stop. Foot Flipped off of the brake as i was reaching for my wallet that fell on the floor. No damage but the Officer stationed at the toll told us to pull over anyway. He approached and said that i could step out if i wanted to. I informed him that i had a firearm on me
    He said" Yea so does the guy that you hit ( he then chuckled) Do you have it on you?
    Me- Yes
    Him- Could you please leave it in the car.
    Now normally i would have said no, but i could tell that he was going to let me off without any charges, so i didn't push my luck.

I stepped out of the car and walked toward the driver. I told him sorry, and that my foot slipped. He said no problem, accidents happen and luckily there's no damage. The officer gave me a thumbs up and thanked us for for informing him that we were armed. No ticket and he didn't ask to see any Identification at all. Sorry for any typos, sending this from my iphone, which has a recently cracked screen.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by EMT-B_Medic Student View Post
    Yea i pulled over at a rite aid before i getting to Dover and i secured the firearm and magazines in the trunk. I kept them there until i got through MD and i re armed at the Virginia Welcome Center.

SO i accidentally tapped the person bumper in front of me at a toll stop. Foot Flipped off of the brake as i was reaching for my wallet that fell on the floor. No damage but the Officer stationed at the toll told us to pull over anyway. He approached and said that i could step out if i wanted to. I informed him that i had a firearm on me
    He said" Yea so does the guy that you hit ( he then chuckled) Do you have it on you?
    Me- Yes
    Him- Could you please leave it in the car.
    Now normally i would have said no, but i could tell that he was going to let me off without any charges, so i didn't push my luck.

I stepped out of the car and walked toward the driver. I told him sorry, and that my foot slipped. He said no problem, accidents happen and luckily there's no damage. The officer gave me a thumbs up and thanked us for for informing him that we were armed. No ticket and he didn't ask to see any Identification at all. Sorry for any typos, sending this from my iphone, which has a recently cracked screen.
    Sounds like a good encounter to me..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    This sounds like you are trying to tell him how do something illeagl by circumventing the law.
    I give him much more credit than that. I'm sure the thought had already crossed his mind and, having read so many of his posts, I'm also sure he had discarded the idea already. The misunderstanding is my fault though. I apparently forget the tongue in check smiley.

(Monroe County)

You'll be fine down there. In case you stray south to NC for some reason- it is a must inform state.

Of course if she takes you on a base they are all victim zones-er no carry.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff