Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Smith n Wesson Body guard range report second trip!!!!

Bought this gun yesterday for my wife. Mainly due to the laser pointer that is attached. This will now be her new carry gun. She had excellent control and was hitting the bullseye every hit. Me on the other hand, I couldn't control it. I kept pulling it downward each time I shot. My hands are too big and couldn't get but one finger solid on the grip the second barely hanging on. She is very happy with this. We will probably be selling her 32 tomcat and the pt25 that's she has.
    Last edited by ironhorse; July 28th, 2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: 2 nd trip
    In God We Trust............................

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Smith n Wesson Body guard range report

I personally didn't like the bodyguard and neither did my wife. Like you mentioned, my hands are on the bigger side and I was not able to control it and it showed on the target. My wife was the same way plus it seem like the shells were thrown back at you instead of to the right.

(Chester County)

Which one did you get, the revolver or the semi.

My wife saw the .380 semi, held it and liked it. Fit her hand like a glove. We took the time and tested a used one at a local range. That trigger pull is way too long. I couldn't get used to it. My wife had the same problem. Glad we tried one out before we bought one.

(Lackawanna County)

My in laws went and bought a bodyguard 380 semi auto for my mother in law. We took it out for the first time, neither of them connected lead to paper after going thru 3-4 mags. They asked me to try since I shot out the 10- ring with both my Kimber and my wife's Sig 238, so I said sure. I only connected on one shot out of six! I realized that the trigger is just awful, the long trigger pull just sorta pulls you off target.

I don't think I've ever shot so poorly with any gun out of the box as bad as that bodyguard. And I own several other S&W products
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

(Washington County)

I had a BG, it wasn't bad but it was a little small for my hands. One thing that happened quite often when I shot it was my thumb would hit the mag release when shooting. The first couple times it happened, I fired one shot then following shot didn't fire. Pulled the trigger again and nothing.... Pulled the slide back and saw the chamber was empty and that's when I noticed the mag was slightly coming out of the gun; which is why a round wasn't chambered. This happened to me a few times and it got pretty annoying. Other than that, it shot pretty good, and the laser was accurate. However the BG just wasn't for me so I sold it shortly after that...

I'm glad you guys like yours though!

(Franklin County)

got the semi . she hit the target evrytime. The trigger pull is very long as you mentioned.

(Mercer County)

Make sure she knows how to use the sights, because she will never have time to turn that laser on if she has to draw it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Tioga County)

My Dad went through the same thing with the .380 semi. Trigger pull is as far away as Montana and not a tack driver or anything close. You will not be making movie style pistol sniper shots with this gun. Fits nicely in the pocket though. Laser is useless. Dad kept hitting the mag release as well during target practice with it. The floor plate on one of the mags broke as well. He sold it on to someone else that was happy with it.

I'd say it's a Zimmerman gun, only useful if someone is on you beating your brains out and you've got no other option to save your life.

(Montgomery County)

The trigger on these guns is ridiculous until it's broken in. Took an hour or so with snap caps and a hundred or so rounds before it was reasonable.

Also had issues with the magazine staying in, the laser (which I wish it didn't have in the first place) and with it cycling until I sent it back in to S&W.

Since then, about 500 rounds through it without issue, and it's surprisingly accurate.

Happy with it after breaking it in and getting S&W to correct the quality control issues with the gun---seems like QC an the insane trigger pull until thoroughly broken in are pretty much universal issues with these.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Smith n Wesson Body guard range report second trip!!!!

had to finish sighting in my muzzleloader, so we tried her bodyguard out again. The trigger pull was smoother, she hit every time here she was aiming. I got used to it and was able to keep it on target. Your right about breaking it in..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast