Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom built AR

(Montgomery County)

Default Custom built AR

I would like a custom built AR. I am a left and would like all the part to be left or ambidextrous. Also one that shoot 5.56and .223. Does anyone know any place in the KOP area or great Phil area that I could take a class, store, or website that let you customize an AR?
    Thank you,
    Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Custom built AR

Stag arms and I believe rock river have true lefties. I am a lefty also, but I believe ARs are pretty lefty friendly. Put on an ambi safety and an ambi mag release if you wish.

Try to try out both. I ended up going with a 'normal' AR and it works great for me.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Lancaster County)

The military doesn't have any "lefty" M16's.

I did some marksmanship instructing and my take on it is the hardest part of shooting an M16 left handed is the empties crossing in front of your right eye if you can and do shoot both eyes open.

Doug

(Bucks County)

Rock River Arms offers several left-handed models with varying degrees of customization available.

I have two RH versions . . . a 16" 1-9 twist Operator and a 20" 1-8 twist Predator Pursuit. I bought the Operator last year from Classic Pistol. Was very pleased, so ordered the Predator Pursuit in February from Claytons, a RRA dealer, and received it in June.

The fit and finish are excellent, and they shoot *extremely* well. Take a look.

(Allegheny County)

As a "lefty" I have never had issue with the ejection port on the AR platform. I do like my ambi-safety though. As for the mag release and bolt release... I like them right where they are. Muscle memory from my handguns has me messing around the left side already so it feels more natural having them there.

(Lehigh County)

Why is this in the ammo and reload section? This should be in the rifle section and you would get more responses. I can tell you how to reload for your ar if you would like, or what ammo to use.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa.Sniper View Post
    Why is this in the ammo and reload section? This should be in the rifle section and you would get more responses. I can tell you how to reload for your ar if you would like, or what ammo to use.
    Are we not in the general section?
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Lehigh County)

Mods must have moved it.

(Blair County)

Im a lefty, never had an issue with firing right handed AR or AK. I personally wouldnt buy a lefty because of parts compatability. I did install an ambi fire selector, other then that its like they were built for lefties.

(Wayne County)

All you need is here. I would strongly recommend adding a Plus package. The plus package upgrades the barrel to 1/7 twist, 4150 steel and the semi auto bolt carrier to an M16 bolt carrier; the bolt and barrel are HP/MP tested.

http://www.stagarms.com/model-2hl/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast