Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Need a possible RSVP for OC rally in Hazleton to support an OC advocate who needs us!

A OC advocate from Hazleton PA was arrested recently for detaining a tresspasser in his own backyard. The tresspasser was fleeing HPD and store security for commiting a theft near by and drug offences. But all charges were dropped against the fleeing suspect in exchange for testifying against the OC Advocate.The advocate is also a member of the CSF.

Somtime in August we are going to have an OC Rally on the steps on city hall.Date is TBA.

So who's possibly comming.

Thank you for any consideration on this matter!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Default Re: Need a possible RSVP for OC rally in Hazleton to support an OC advocate who needs

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    A OC advocate from Hazleton PA was arrested recently for detaining a tresspasser in his own backyard.

More details, please. What is the "OC Advocate" being charged with? What are the details of the encounter, such that they can be publicly discussed?

And, is this "OC Advocate" someone we know here on the forum?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Need a possible RSVP for OC rally in Hazleton to support an OC advocate who needs

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    More details, please. What is the "OC Advocate" being charged with? What are the details of the encounter, such that they can be publicly discussed?

And, is this "OC Advocate" someone we know here on the forum?
    I think this is the story.

http://standardspeaker.com/news/hazl...rmed-1.1519813
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I think this is the story.
    Thanks for the link. Do we know this person here on the forum?

As far as the incident, I will refrain from comment.

I would like to know more about the incident before I decide to support him or not.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Could you summarize it, since the link demands that I enable 3rd-party cookies and it's not worth trading security for access?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Here ya go:

A Hazleton man who openly displayed a gun in a holster around the city while advocating for the right to bear arms was disarmed through a court proceeding Friday.
    George Irizarry, 42, was ordered to surrender his weapons to Hazleton police while he is on bail for holding a gun to the head of a man suspected of shoplifting.
    During a preliminary arraignment, District Judge James Dixon of Hazle Township set bail for Irizarry at $25,000. In addition to giving up his guns, Irizarry must refrain from using alcohol and illegal drugs as conditions of his bail.
    Assistant District Attorney Michelle Hardik of Luzerne County requested those bail conditions.
    While Irizarry was scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Friday, the hearing was continued so Irizarry can obtain an attorney or representative from the county Public Defender's Office.
    On Feb. 3, police charged Irizarry with terroristic threats, unlawful restraint and recklessly endangering another person.
    Papers filed at his arrest said Irizarry stopped a man who was running near his yard on Maple Street, put a gun to the man's head and held the man in custody until police arrived.
    The man whom Irizarry held, Michael J. Andrejco Jr., 28, of Weatherly, has been charged with retail theft of razor blades from the Giant Market on South Locust Street. Authorities withdrew charges of receiving stolen property, use or possession of drug paraphernalia, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct against Andrejco.
    Meanwhile, Irizarry also awaits a court hearing on charges that he obstructed police who were investigating a street fight in the first block of East Diamond Avenue on Oct. 21, 2012.
    Irizarry, an armed security guard at a bar in the neighborhood, tried to convince police that they had the wrong suspect, while police said Irizarry refused commands to step back.
    In a preliminary hearing in that case on May 14, District Judge Gerald Feissner of Freeland ruled there was sufficient probable cause to send charges against Irizarry to county court.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

So, what did he know about the perp, and when did he know it?

You can't detain a trespasser in your yard by putting a gun to his head, but you might be able to do it to a felon (in general, I don't over-sell the option of "citizen's arrest" in the 21st century).

It's sad whenever charges are dismissed against a genuine bad guy in exchange for helping the police and locals attack someone over policy differences. I have to wonder just how useful the testimony of the druggie/petty-thief will be to a jury of locals who have to live besieged by such low life folks.

(Bucks County)

My cousin knows the perp and he should have been arrested. Letting guys like that go is what is ruining Hazleton. I try to avoid that area of Hazleton as much as possible. I don't condone holding a gun to his head, but ma tackling the guy and sitting on him til the cops got there might have worked out a little better for him. I know this kid has been in trouble with the law for awhile, and to dismiss charges to go after someone else is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast