Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Weapon to carry when you are unable to conceal carry

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyGoat View Post
    carry whatever you want, but if you aren't trained to use it properly(using a knife as a defensive tool, not a utility device) it does no good
    this. If you have realistic expectations of defending yourself with a melee weapon, you better have had some training in it and hopefully be in good physical shape. Stabbing/striking a threat till it stops is a hell of a lot more difficult than most people realize.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
    I always have two items on me that could be used for self-defense. The first is a can of Copenhagen snuff, which when thrown into the eyes is almost as bad as OC. The second is a Dillon Leather gun belt...thick, heavy, long and with brass hardware. A belt can be removed rather quickly and it could serve to keep an attacker at a distance.

Sine your pitty on the runny kine.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
    I always have two items on me that could be used for self-defense. The first is a can of Copenhagen snuff, which when thrown into the eyes is almost as bad as OC. The second is a Dillon Leather gun belt...thick, heavy, long and with brass hardware. A belt can be removed rather quickly and it could serve to keep an attacker at a distance.
    Likewise, my bullhide belt with steel buckle attached with Chicago screws instead of snaps isn't going to feel very good upside anyone's head. Keys snapped to the end add more weight and penetration. The Skoal is a good idea, but I gave mine up some time ago. Not mentioned, and completely legal (and otherwise useful!), is a good light. 120+ lumens right in the peepers, especially at night, will disorient long enough to get inside their loop. Other than that, martial arts teaches your best weapon is your mind. Soft tissues, eyes, throat, sternum, groin stuck with the fist, hard tissues open hand. You must foster the mindset that you can not just defend, but that you must prevail. It means everything. Without the will and resolve, all the tools in the world won't help much. And, of course, running away whenever possible keeps the juice inside and will allow you to fill out the forms later. Letting the juice out means someone else fills them out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123