Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default My Holster Took A Rain Beating

It rained, and I got caught in it bad. I took the entire beating up against the ropes. I was totally dunked in water. Afterward I took my gun apart, and I was surprised how dry it was inside, but my holster on the other hand took the brunt of the water damaging.

For now my holster seems to be in working order, but for future reference I want something water proof.

I came across this, and I'd like to know if anyone can give a review on them:

http://www.armatuscarry.com/apparition.html

Armatus Carry Solutions specializes in custom Kydex holsters and accessories designed for low profile concealed-carry. ACS gear is designed from the ground up to give our end users a light-weight, extremely durable, holster that provides maximum concealment. ACS holsters are hand made from top-quality materials, and are designed to thrive in the most hostile of environments. We are proud that our gear is currently being used by active-duty military serving in Afghanistan, law enforcement officers, firearms instructors, and armed citizens across the United States.
    GEAR FOR LIFE
    ARMATUS GEAR IS COVERED BY OUR "GEAR FOR LIFE" UNCONDITIONAL LIFETIME WARRANTY

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: My Holster Took A Rain Beating

Tag because I might buy one of those also. Waiting to hear responses.

(Monroe County)

I slipped and fell while standing in the river fishing yesterday. Was none too pleased about it, as I had my 1911 as always. But I do have one good thing to say: Kydex rocks! I've dunked leather holsters before, and they are never the same afterwards. But Kydex is easy! disassemble, allow to dry, reassemble. I do miss the smooth draw of a good leather holster though.

Sucks. Those were the last 9 hollow point rounds I had. They are probably OK to use, but I am not about to trust my life to a "probably" and have my gun go "click!" when I need it most. Looks like I'll be carrying FMJ till I can get my hands on some elusive .45 HP's.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman21 View Post
    I slipped and fell while standing in the river fishing yesterday. Was none too pleased about it, as I had my 1911 as always. But I do have one good thing to say: Kydex rocks! I've dunked leather holsters before, and they are never the same afterwards. But Kydex is easy! disassemble, allow to dry, reassemble. I do miss the smooth draw of a good leather holster though.

Sucks. Those were the last 9 hollow point rounds I had. They are probably OK to use, but I am not about to trust my life to a "probably" and have my gun go "click!" when I need it most. Looks like I'll be carrying FMJ till I can get my hands on some elusive .45 HP's.
    It's a .45, all you have to do to have the bad guys fall down is wave it in their general direction. Don't you read anything on the internets ?!?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...ters-more.html

Kydex is great and Chris at Vigilance Tactical makes some wonderfull stuff he is local to PA and a member on here so its pretty easy to get in touch with him.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith724 View Post
    http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...ters-more.html

Kydex is great and Chris at Vigilance Tactical makes some wonderfull stuff he is local to PA and a member on here so its pretty easy to get in touch with him.
    I will second his work. I have gotten multiple holsters made from him. Excellent customer service is an understatement as well.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I will second his work. I have gotten multiple holsters made from him. Excellent customer service is an understatement as well.
    I can't find his email address anywhere in that thread. Any help?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by topsykretts View Post
    http://bit.ly/15VTq0T

Hey all, greetings from FL. I have been a long time lerker on PAFOA, and figured this was a good day to finally register since I have first hand experience with the company in question.

Armatus Carry is a small custom holster shop down here in FL. I was referred to them by a LEO friend of mine and I now own two of their holsters and a mag pouch for my glock 19. I own their Apparition AIWB holster and their CRD holster with OWB/IWB attachments. The quality is top notch, the lead time was reasonable, and customer service has been great. I have had a good experience with their stuff.

Those other holster from the PAFOA member look great too, I just figured that since you specifically asked about Armatus, I would give you my experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by topsykretts View Post
    This is his Email Add

Moon@VigiTac <moon@vigilancetactical.com>;