Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Adjusting the front site on a yugo m57 tokarev

It appears that my yugo m57 tokarev shoots low. The front site appears to be a bit on the high side. Are these difficult to adjust if they are adjustable at all?

I was able to have some success with having the front site above the rear site (it has very "rifle looking" iron sights) when lining them up, which is what I figure I'll have to do for this gun.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Adjusting the front site on a yugo m57 tokarev

well, is the front sight too high or the rear sight too low?

(Montgomery County)

anyway, just make sure your not compensating for the wacky grip angle or flinching too much from the fiery ammo, and otherwise just file the sight down in small increments until you're satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    anyway, just make sure your not compensating for the wacky grip angle or flinching too much from the fiery ammo, and otherwise just file the sight down in small increments until you're satisfied.
    Good points, thank you. The site on this particular m57 (a new one from zastava) is a slight bit higher than another tok I was able to compare it to. One thing I had noticed is that tokarevs are not glocks! My accuracy with glocks is much better, but that's why I'm practicing.

(Pike County)

Just curious but are you still able to find 7.62 Tokerav ammo for less than $20 for 50 rounds? I'd like to get a Romanian TTC for my birthday to compliment my Romanian WASR-10 but the ammo is either impossible to find or $25 a box.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Just curious but are you still able to find 7.62 Tokerav ammo for less than $20 for 50 rounds? I'd like to get a Romanian TTC for my birthday to compliment my Romanian WASR-10 but the ammo is either impossible to find or $25 a box.
    Most of the ammo I purchased this year was $25 for a box of 50. I was able to find a few boxes at $20 and one at.....ehm....$30.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Most of the ammo I purchased this year was $25 for a box of 50. I was able to find a few boxes at $20 and one at.....ehm....$30.
    Ouch, that is harsh. I am hoping to one day see the pricing return to $15/50 rounds. I only wish I jumped back on the Tokerav pistol bandwagon back when the surplus was still available.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    It appears that my yugo m57 tokarev shoots low. The front site appears to be a bit on the high side. Are these difficult to adjust if they are adjustable at all?

I was able to have some success with having the front site above the rear site (it has very "rifle looking" iron sights) when lining them up, which is what I figure I'll have to do for this gun.
    In terms of a grub screw adjustment? Very unlikely on a service gun.

First, I'm not familiar with the sights on an M57. It looks similar to the TT-33.

Assuming all the correct-ammunition and shooting-doctrine aspects have been explored...it's been a while since I've worked on a TT-33, I recall the elevation is changed by replacing the rear sight with one that has a different height. Your rear sight should have a number or letter stamped on it, somewhere there's a chart that estimates the amount of correction necessary and the corresponding sight.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Ouch, that is harsh. I am hoping to one day see the pricing return to $15/50 rounds. I only wish I jumped back on the Tokerav pistol bandwagon back when the surplus was still available.
    $15 and even more at $20 a box would be nice. I was able to avoid other caliber ammo purchases due to a little stocking over the past few years, but I bought the gun this year, so I was kind of at the mercy of the current prices for this caliber. I was hoping to be economical and shoot a few less rounds that day, but I figure I was able to better sight the weapon now as a result. At least I know now why my last outing with this gun was really poor!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    In terms of a grub screw adjustment? Very unlikely on a service gun.

First, I'm not familiar with the sights on an M57. It looks similar to the TT-33.

Assuming all the correct-ammunition and shooting-doctrine aspects have been explored...it's been a while since I've worked on a TT-33, I recall the elevation is changed by replacing the rear sight with one that has a different height. Your rear sight should have a number or letter stamped on it, somewhere there's a chart that estimates the amount of correction necessary and the corresponding sight.
    Yes. It looks like I will either have to replace the sight, which appears to be non-adjustable and slides out sideways, file down the front sight, or just remember to sight this gun differently. I'll probably do the latter.

It is one of the new m57's by zastava, but I'll look for numbers.

I've only shot the gun 3 times, so I can't rule out accuracy with this round that has plenty of pep.
    Last edited by father-of-five; July 21st, 2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: added info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast